Computer freezing every few seconds

DivAnder

Hi guys,

So first of all I installed Windows 7 on my new SSD not too long ago. However I have been told that I installed it incorrectly as I failed to remove other hard drives when installing and wasn't able to boot up in ACHI mode.
I found a fix on the Microsoft website that fixes that but now my computer completely freezes every 10 seconds or so.
Will I need to start from scratch and reinstall Windows properly this time?
I don't have anything of value on the computer apart from one thing, a Steam game.
My internet is extremely slow so I don't want to lose that!

Can you back your game up to a dvd or a flash drive? You might be better off reinstalling windows. Plus removing the other drive while you do.

Ok, so I formatted my SSD and installed Windows again from scratch, and I'm still getting the same problems. Programs freezing, but the cursor still moves. Any ideas?

What happens if you disconnect the other hard drive. Then boot into windows. Plus do you have the ssd in ACHI mode.

What programs have you reinstalled . When you first started the computer after reinstalling windows did it freeze then? I hoping this maybe a software problem Not the SSD.

All I have installed is Chrome lol and a few display/sound drivers.
It's not just the programs freezing sometimes though. For example if I click on a windows explorer window it sometimes just freezes and won't respond. And I'm not sure, first thing I did was install chrome.

Hi, I have just returned it and bought a new one today which is 120gb (old one was 60gb) so we'll see how it goes.

Just to make sure, I'll connect the SSD and optical drive for the Windows install disk only and set it to ACHI beforehand. Anything I'm missing?

Back