Computer freezing (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to try explain the best i can what the problem is although it is pretty hard for me to explain so bare with me.

i brought some new ram about 4-5months ago and i replaced it with the ram i had in my computer .

The old ram i had was 512 pc2700 and i replaced it with 1gb pc3200 and since the day i replaced it. it has been crashing a lot
for example i could be watching a movie or playing a game and it will suddenly just freeze, when it does this i can not move the mouse or anything, i have to turn the switch off.

what could be the problem? because i was told where i brought this ram that pc3200 will run because it is backward comptaible, and this is really starting to annoy me because i can not do much on my computer because it will just keep freezing.

please could someone help and if possible explain it in simple terms so i dont get comfused

There are several possibilities.
1. Bad memory module(s) - Yes it does happen.
2. Incompatibility with your MB - Some MB's are notoriously picky about the ram used.
3. Dirty contacts / Poor connection between ram and MB.
4. An additional problem is present, unrelated to the fact that you swapped ram.

If we could review some of your minidumps, it might help us to better diagnose the problem for you.
Attach three or four of your most recent to your next post.
Usually you will find them in the Minidump subfolder of your Windows folder.

Also, you should find your MB specs, so we (or you) can research whether your ram modules are truly compatible.

i have attached 4 minidumps , although these are not from my computer crashing,these 1s are from my computer resetting itself

Two errors are 0xD1
Possible Resolutions:
• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

One error is 0x8E
0x8E is releated to memory on the computer- Try to reseat the memory module or if you have more than 1 memory module try one at a time and check if you still get the same Blue screen. Try using memtest. Follow the Tutorial here... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

One error is 0xA
The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:
• A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

• A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

• If you encounter a Stop 0xA message while upgrading to Windows XPl, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

While your errors together suggest that Memory may be an issue, the fact that one of the errors was produced by Torrent/Filesharing software, and two involve your AV / Security software, I would also suggest going to the 8 steps... Follow them carefully.
Here is the link ... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
If you find issues, start a new thread here... https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

While memory modules may be good, there may be a compatibility issue with your board.
This is especially true, it seems, with Asus boards.
Check the make and model of your board, and then check the maker's website to compare your RAM against their compatibility list.

Note - I will be away now, for the weekend, but others can step in to help if further assistance is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back