Computer Graphics Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
No im not trying to overclock the card, will check core temp l8r, DO have latest Directx....
ps: graphics card on this computer is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

EDIT: how do you check RAM on an XP computer, might be having an issue with it.
EDIT (2): temps are max:54, but 1 is at -47??? (using speedfan)

Do this graphics happen only in windows, or does it also happen att Boot up, before loading windows? You could try Goldmemory to test the RAM. You have the latest drivers for the card I assume

It happens in visually intensive prgrams, ie mainly gaming. Doesnt happen at boot, however normally windows cruising has slowed. That picture is not in game by the way, it is loading the game.

The graphics quality does not usually skip like that (picture given) it freezes constantly on and off for 20-30seconds at a time...sometimes more. Each jump the graphics becomes worse, mouse is unusable. However you can alt-tab out and use the ocmputer fine.

Do this graphics happen only in windows, or does it also happen att Boot up, before loading windows? You could try Goldmemory to test the RAM. You have the latest drivers for the card I assume

How do I use, golden memory? Very limited instructions given on the site and on the readme.

Download the file, burn the ISO, boot from the CD :)

If the memory is corrupt it will show up red text in the lower parts of the screen.
Let the check loop 2 -3 times to make sure, some times the errors shows up only
after the memory is get hot.

Issue is fixed.

Computer would not turn back on two days ago, so my firend took it into the shop.

The grahpics card was completely blown, the capacitors were all shot.

New Card installed, cpu working fine.

Thanks for your ideas tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back