Computer keeps freezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMS

Every time I start my computer up, it will get stuck on the hourglass when I click anything such as any desktop icons, shortcuts, objects pinned to my start menu, etc., and my cursor will disappear shortly afterwards. It will stay like this until I restart my computer, and doesn't happen when I'm in safe mode. Comp has windows xp. Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

Being able to boot into Safe Mode is usually a sign of a driver issue.

Also, have you scanned for infections?

I've scanned, didn't find anything. If it's a driver issue, what can I do? I just managed to open a few things up before it froze on my last try, so it seems to only start freezing up some while after start up.

Go to Device Manager and look for Yellow Triangles with exclamation marks and especially for Red Xs. Do you find any and what processes have been flagged?

No, just freezes up without warning. Forgot to mention that my computer will occasionally make an odd beeping noise, quite often when starting it up, and sometimes while it's frozen up.

Just tried it again. In addition to what it was doing before, I'm now getting an error as soon as I get past the welcome screen. It says that Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\is-SIT52.exe'.

I cannot find anything on the net concerning is-SIT52.exe, isSIT52.exe, or SIT52.exe

Out of curiosity do you have Easy Share software installed?

Those beeping noises are most likly BIOS beep codes that point to where the issues lies. What BIOS does your system have? It is in the motherboard manual. Once you find the name of the BIOS you can look up the error codes for the beeps.

Dell Inc. 1.0.13, 5/5/2009, I know dell is terrible, got this computer from them because I didn't know how bad they are. I don't have easy share software.

Dell Inc. 1.0.13, 5/5/2009, I know dell is terrible, got this computer from them because I didn't know how bad they are. I don't have easy share software.

Contact Dell and ask them about the beep codes and what it means. make sure you have correct pattern like short-long-short, or short-short -long, etc. The correct pattern is essential. Tell them also your sypmtoms.

By the way TMS if you ever decide that you want to build your system the next time just ask in the General Hardware forum and you'll get excellent help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back