Computer keeps restarting itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pentium 4 - 2.80 ghz
WD Harddrive 70gig + 320
1GB Of Ram
Windows XP

A few days ago is when my computer started acking kind of funny. I had just installed some new software for my psp and my computer started acting funny a few hours later. So I uninstalled it and then my problem became worse. I would start my computer up and then at the desktop screen (about 10 - 15 secs in) it would restart start it self, but after it restarted itself and it fine. So for the sake of things I assumed that maybe the software had corrupted my registry or maybe even contained a virus. I did a virus scan... nothing. I had defragmented my computer nothing. So I did the most logical thing (which isnt very logical at all), I reinstalled windows and the problem still persisted. That was about 4-5 days ago. So today i turned on the computer (with hope of getting on the internet) and made its way to the desktop screen when it restarted self. But it didn't stop there... it made its way back to desktop screen and restarted again. It did that a couple more times until i gave up and turned off the computer. So I am not sure what the problem is, but if anyone can give me some sort of answer that would be awesome.

thanks

yes i did... all it did was just restart itself again... its funny cause it's doing the same thing it was doing in the begining... (restarting itself and then working fine afterwards.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back