Computer opinions, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choices, except I am not fond of the velociraptor 10,000 rpm. It wears out very quickly.

Good board and excellent CPU, fine power supply. Haven't used that version of the Sapphire, but their equipment has always been excellent.

Case may be too cheap... check out size dimensions carefully and the placement possibilities for case fans.

I would agree with raybay about not getting the Velociraptor, but for different reasons; I believe a high-capacity 7200RPM HDD paired with a 64\128GB SSD provides better value overall.

I would recommend an XFX card for their fantastic warranty coverage (look here for more details on it). Also, I'd recommend a better PSU; the StealthXStream is built on an ageing platform that is known to not deliver clean power, especially when used in gaming rigs and the like that draw a lot of power. Consider the excellent Corsair 650TX and PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 instead. They're more expensive (considering the rebate on the OCZ PSU), but are better overall choices IMO.

The rest of your parts look great.

Good info, and a new query: How is the 64\128GB SSD utilized in the setup and running of such a system?

I'd put my OS and apps (including games) on the SSD, and use the HDD for bulk storage such as music, photos etc.

Case may be too cheap... check out size dimensions carefully and the placement possibilities for case fans.

I agree. Somehow the case doesn't seem too good. Check this out instead. (However, cases are a matter of personal tastes.)

thanks for the reply's :) i have considered a different HDD, i did know the velociraptor easily burns out just was miss informed from reviews and other things. :p

HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319

Note i am using 3 Maxtor 120 GB HDD's from my old computer, they are soon to die out but I'm going to push them as far as they can go, I'm going to be using them for music, photos, movies etc.

Thanks all of you were so much help.
raybay
Rage_3K_Moiz
Ritwik7

and Ritwik7 I am using the case you linked thanks :)

The Caviar Black is a fantastic choice, you will not regret it.

I also do not see any potential problems with the case, except the front cover being a little flimsy. It has solid construction otherwise though; I don't see it being a bad buy or anything. Three 80mm fans and one 120mm fan also looks like enough cooling to me.

Well, my guess is you will not push those Maxtors very far, and even using them makes me shudder. All the time you will spend, and it may be wasted. I would rather donate them to the White Elephant, and get those WD Caviar blacks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back