Computer power issue

D

Dalton

I got this older computer I built just recently and when I power on the computer it turns on then off then right back on and I gotta say that this is the first time I seen this happen before. It has an ASUS mobo and there are no issues as far as I can tell and I think I tried the PSU in another computer and it was fine so I am not sure what would cause this? Any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks.

Few things I can think of 1 take cmos battery out and replace it 2 check bios settings (default settings ) then depending how many sticks of ram u got take them out and put 1 at a time and see if problem still happens

Ok I tried resetting the BIOS but I never tried a different battery or with the memory but I will try that yet. Don't know for sure but I am starting to think it might be the PSU because in another computer we got here I tried the PSU out of that computer that was doing it and it did the same thing and put back the original out of the other computer and it stopped doing it so I will try a different PSU as well just to rule that out. Thanks for the reply!

Back