Hello,

System Specs:

Motherboard - P5N-D
CPU - E6700
Memory - 2x2GB Corsair XMS2
Video Card - Radeon HD 5870
PSU - Thermaltake 750W

Problem:

Computer powered off while in the middle of me using it. Tried to power back on, but nothing happens when the power button is pressed. Tried unplugging the power supply and back in, still would not power on.

Troubleshooting:

Hooked up my PSU to a PSU tester I have = Good

Replaced Motherboard = no change (indicator light is on, on the motherboard)

Checked power switch = Good

I also tried taking out my video card, left one stick of ram in, and still nothing.

----------

The only thing i haven't checked is my CPU, I have just ordered the E8400 in hopes this will fix my problem, but I was hoping to get a little feed back on my situation as I have come up empty when searching online for a simlar problem.

I appreciate any feedback I can get!

Thank you!

how about checking the mouse or keyboard? it happened to me once pc won't boot because of a faulty mouse

how about checking the mouse or keyboard? it happened to me once pc won't boot because of a faulty mouse

Wouldn't I get some sort of life from the system? POST beeps or anything? When I hit the power button nothing happens, no fans, nothing.

Thanks for quick reply :)

EDIT: I will try that though when I get home lol

EDIT EDIT: Now that I think about it, I have tried powering on my computer with out any input device inserted ie keyboard, mouse etc. So that should have covered it right?

also try this, rig your pc with video card, monitor, keyboard and mouse only, no hdd or dvd connected.

how about your cmos batt?

also try this, rig your pc with video card, monitor, keyboard and mouse only, no hdd or dvd connected.

how about your cmos batt?
I'll try that, I'll pretty much try anything because I am so fresh out of ideas haha. I even went to my company's desktop IT guy and he didn't have any idea.

Not sure about the cmos batt, but I figured a brand new motherboard's cmos battery should be ok.

one more thing to check, the procie make sure that the fan on top of it has thermal paste and properly seated. when your pc goes thermal, that is it the cpu is overheating, the system automatically shuts down to prevent damage

hope your pc will be ok

Back