Computer settings are being reverted after a restart back to default

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

I am fixing someones PC now, I keep getting an issue that the changes that are being made to the PC get reverted back once the PC is rebooted. It reminds me of something that happens when you log in in school (or library), and once you log out the PC goes back to default settings. What can cause this? Or what software can cause this?

No bookmarks, no downloaded pictures, no preferences, nothing...

You're not giving us much to work with!

I keep getting an issue that the changes that are being made to the PC get reverted back once the PC is rebooted.

What type of changes?
What operating system?
Are you getting any error messages? What?

Any personal changes made to an account as in: No bookmarks being saved, no downloaded pictures being saved, no preferences being saved, no background being saved, nothing...

You are fine as long as the PC (WinXP) is running, but once you shut down or restart, all changes, and files/folders that you have created will be deleted and default settings will be loaded.

NO, no error messages.

all changes, and files/folders that you have created will be deleted and default settings will be loaded.

Please be specific. I really need to know what changes you're referring to and what type of new files are being dropped.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see if the change occur then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back