Computer still freezing after following 8-step instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first time posting here so please excuse me. I read the '8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions' and followed it as best as I can after my computer got infected by rogue malware software (most noticeably AntiVirus Live and Malware Defense). These Malware appears to be gone (or at least doesn't have any of the pop-ups and fake notices anymore) but my computer still keeps freezing in normal mode (can move mouse cursor around but the windows that you click on will sort of just time out and nothing will respond) and I am left with no choice but to do a hard-reset. I also still get some random audio playing in the background (sounds like it's from a commercial and sometimes it's from a movie) so I know something's still there but I'm not sure what it is. The computer takes a little longer now than normal to load (only see wallpaper background for a minute or so at first) then everything on the desktop loads up as normal after I get a error message that ViewMgr crashed or something. It's impossible to run the scans or download stuff and install through normal mode so I did all the steps through safe-mode. The log files are attached. Your advice is much appreciated, thanks.

I was reading another post and I noticed that the 8 steps must be completed in normal mode to take effect (?). I wasn't aware of this.. I actually completed it all in safe mode because it was nearly impossible to do any scans or anything like that within 5 minutes in normal mode because the computer will just freeze up again. So the main problem is figuring how to fix this freezing issue in order to do anything at all. Is it possible or is reformatting the only option available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back