Computer turns on fine but no display on monitor

Recently I have put together a new computer (ordered parts from newegg woot) but after putting everything together and turning it on for the first time it gave out a loud long continuous beep with no display to the monitor. While troubleshooting I found out that my ******* forgot to plug in the PCI-E power to my graphics card. So round two I turned on my computer again and finally no long beep at all but still no display to the monitor. I've researched online for similar problems and did a number things such as replugging and reseating everything in the mobo along with taking the CMOS battery out to reset the bios. Still nothing. All the fans light up and work, hard drive feels like its working due to the minor vibrations I felt and even the CD drive works. PSU fan is running fine and even the video card is running. I tried reseating the video card and STILL nothing. I'm completely lost... I only have one extra video card that's in my roommates computer that I built for her so could test it if needed. I keep reading that it might be a different problem so I havn't tried yet. The only part that I didn't buy from newegg WAS the videocard because the card I have is the one from the old build. It ran WoW and starcraft but then one day my computer just shut down for no reason during gameplay and during normal activities. SO, I bought a whole new system since I figured it was time for an upgrade anyways and my mobo was getting old either way. Is it my video card thats ****ing up this system too or what? Also the power button won't let me turn it off- it turn on my computer but no matter how long I hold it it won't shut down. I know this is a long thread so I'm sorry but I just figured I'd give all the details for best results. Can someone please help me out with this >.<

Sounds like the only thing not considered is that the monitor is bad. Try it with another machine, sometimes we overlook things like that, I had a very similar problem recently :)

As for the power button, I have no idea what in the world could be causing that to happen. That sounds like a really weird problem.

Tried using the monitor on various working computers and all inputs (DVI, VGA, HDMI) and nope still nothing. I also forgot to add my specs since I was in a rush to school before posting lol.

Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 AM3 motherboard
Corsair 750TX PSU
AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2GHz AM3 80W CPU
G-Skill 1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 2x2GB (4GB)
Western Digital 1TB hard drive Model# WD1001FALS
ASUS EN9800GT 512MB DDR3 graphics card

If you've tried the monitor on other known working computers and you still get nothing, it seems pretty clear the monitor is bad as Tazo The Vault previously suggested.

Well, I guess I figured out what the problem was, maybe there is something wrong with the power. You may have a check.

Could you emphasize on that kristin? I'm totally still new to this stuff trying to do the best I can. The only way I know how to check the power is to make sure everything is working and running lol. Is there maybe a device that I might have to buy to find out or what? I can attempt to use my roomies PSU but it's only a 530W and I wasn't sure if that would be enough to power my build. If so let me know and I can test that out asap. I'm not sure if not enough watts is going to damage my build (that's the main reason i got the big gun corsair 750 =P) so I'll wait for a response before I try. I'll be checking up tomorrow when I wake up so night for now guys and thanks for the replies =)

Well, I guess I figured out what the problem was, maybe there is something wrong with the power. You may have a check.

Could you emphasize on that kristin? I'm totally still new to this stuff trying to do the best I can. The only way I know how to check the power is to make sure everything is working and running lol. Is there maybe a device that I might have to buy to find out or what? I can attempt to use my roomies PSU but it's only a 530W and I wasn't sure if that would be enough to power my build. If so let me know and I can test that out asap. I'm not sure if not enough watts is going to damage my build (that's the main reason i got the big gun corsair 750 =P) so I'll wait for a response before I try. I'll be checking up tomorrow when I wake up so night for now guys and thanks for the replies =)

If you've tried the monitor on other known working computers and you still get nothing, it seems pretty clear the monitor is bad as Tazo The Vault previously suggested.

I think I might have mistyped or there might have been a misread but the monitor does work because I tested it on my roommates computer. Not sure where to go from there

Figured it out just forgot to let everyone know

Apparently it was the second power output. You have the main power into the board but theres also a 6 pin connector of additional power. This is a new system since a while back so I guess with all the increase in technology you need more power on the mobos these days. Thanks for all the responses

Back