Computer turns on/off by itself

zandril

I've seen some threads similar to my problem but I guess mine is a little more unique. When I turn my PC on it turns on fully but after a bit of time sometimes 5 minutes sometimes an hour the computer will automatically turn off and by that I mean windows 10 will begin to shut down. The PC also turns on by itself at random times as well. I've tested the ram and hard drive and they seem to be good. I've listed the specs below and sadly I don't have a way to check the PSU. I used HWmonitor and it does display the voltage coming from the different pins in the PSU I also included that in the post that it will help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 39 °C Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard MSI P67A-C43 (MS-7673) (SOCKET 0) 41 °C
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (Gigabyte) 42 °C

Hardware monitor
Voltage 0 3.38 Volts [0xD3] (+3.3V)
Voltage 1 1.19 Volts [0x95] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 2 1.87 Volts [0x75] (VIN2)
Voltage 3 1.41 Volts [0x78] (VIN3)
Voltage 4 5.80 Volts [0x8A] (+5V)
Voltage 5 8.18 Volts [0x5D] (+12V)
Voltage 6 2.06 Volts [0x81] (VIN6)
Voltage 7 3.23 Volts [0xCA] (VSB3V)
Voltage 8 3.42 Volts [0xD6] (VBAT)

To startup from a sleep condition, the internet NIC has a setting "Wake on Lan" and it normally should be OFF for home usage.

Look to see how long it runs in minutes before it does - - is it ALWAYS the same? if so check you power plan settings.
if not, suspect over heating.

Use the problem computer and monitor the ranges. Range on a good PSU will be +/- 3% or so even when you run it hard. My 12v drops to 11.8v when I'm 100% load. Similarly watch temps - who knows you might have a single bad core or possibly your Northbridge needs a fan.

I can confirm it is not the PSU lol I figured out the problem. Thanks for all the help but in the end it was just the power switch. I don't what gave me the idea, I booted the comp unplugged the switch bam no problem since.

Back