Computer will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I have been looking for same problems as mine. find one, but mine is a bit diffrent.

I have a 2 year old computer, windows vista home premium. I know a littel bit of computers as I build my own.

for 2 days ago i played a little in the evening, turned the comp of and went to sleep. In the morning the computer started normally. But after I raised from the tabel, and went to the other room, and returned the computer was turened off. I tried to boot it again, but it only staid running for 10 sec.

-when I try to boot it (when it has rested for 5 min) it comes all the way to the "windows noticed that the computer hasnt shut donw correctly"- window(and you have to choose safe mode/normal mode), and then shuts off.

-when I try to start it afterwards (after a few times of trying) it only runs for 3 sec.

It sounds like the Powers source is giving upp...?

my girlfriends dad was in the room one day and said the computer sounded wierd, I must say I havent noticed anything about the sound of the fans.

Please help, I payed a lot for the computer and I really need it for my schoolwork!
Thanks in advance!

It could be the PSU, but it also could be overheating. If you havent cleaned it out in a while, I would open it up and blow out the dust. If you or anyone you know has a PSU tester, check it out.

Clean

I used Air Duster, and I use the vaccumcleaner for the bigg parts. But no luck...
Now when i try to listen to the computer, i think I hear the power scourse fan is making strange sounds. should try to bench test it?

Report:
The computer shuts down after I have choosed safe mode...
Same thing as before, if I try to start it 2 times in a row. the start time reduces really much. Is it that cooling?

You said you build your own computers. Did you build this one? If so, did you use the crappy power supply that often comes with cases? If so, I would strongly suspect your power supply is giving up on you. It might help to post your PC specifications including your power supply.

Hi

Hi all. Chilling here i "irie" jamaica. I had the same problem once and found out that it was the power switch.

I bought another Power Source.

MY specs;

Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 500GB HDD
XFX GeForce 8800GTX PCI-E
Asus P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP Intel MoBo
Antec Neo HE 550 - 550W ATX v2 PSC
Kingston 1024MB (1GB) 1066MHz (x4)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2.4GH
Antec Performance One P180 Grey SHELL
Samsung SH-S203D/BEBE SATA 20X DVD DRIVE
VISTA HOME PREMIUM

Did the new Power Supply fix the issue?
Also high pressure air is better than vacuum (I'm always amazed at how much dust is removed by doing this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back