Computer wont recognize monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

csalcido

hey guys.

well a week ago i was using the computer when it suddenly froze. i restart it, it feezes again. so i restart again. but now it won't recognize my monitor. the monitor light is green but then turns orange. every thing seems to be turning on inside the comp. i built this computer a little over a year ago and never had any problems until now

things I've tried:
replacing video card
different video card slot
reseating ram
changing monitor

help plz- posting from phone :(-

edit: mobo does not beep

Hi csalcido

Has your CPU fan been working ok over time?

The only instance of this is were the processor has just blown and they have exactly the same circumstances as you eg here for example

No CPU = No POST

A motherboard will turn on if the CPU is dead. A motherboard will turn on if there is no CPU. Obviously it will not POST though, as said. No beeps, nothing. You'll get power, fans will start, etc, however

Thats why they are almost the hardest piece of hardware to really diagnose but its rare they give you a POST

well i guess ill rma the cpu to amd to see if its dead. i hope its the cpu and not the mobo because my warranty is over for the mobo.

well ill update you guys later

Unfortunatley i think so. It's either that or your Power Supply.

Obviousley the new CPU could be dodgey but its unlikely you will have 2 dead ones in a row

Problem solved. Motherboard died.

Imma request an rma from gigabyte and then imma go return all the crap that I bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back