Computer wont start unless ram is removed and reinserted

Hi, my computer was getting really slow, so I reset windows. After that, the computer would randomly shut off, and wouldnt turn on unless I removed the ram and reinserted it. This stopped after awhile, though, until I upgraded the ram. The ram I had before were two 1gb 400ghz sticks, so I upgraded to 4 2gb 800ghz sticks. The pc was alot faster after that, but when ever I go to play big games on it for awhile, or leave the pc on for a bit, itll shut off and will only attempt to turn on when I unplug a ram card and reinsert it. But the most itll do now when doing that is it will simply not turn on, itll power on for a second then turn off, or itll power on for a minute or so then shut off. More often though, itll just power on for a second then turn off... Does anyone know a fix for this?

My first reaction is to question whether you have selected the right RAM for your system. Please go to manufacturer and confirm your RAM is on QVL. If is is on the Qualified Vendor List, then confirm RAM is properly installed and BIOS properly set - manual should be available from manufacturer.

Then confirm RAM is properly installed and BIOS properly set - manual should be available from manufacturer.

Back