1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer won't turn on when power button is pressed

By NotANoob ยท 4 replies
Mar 9, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. So my computer was working fine until today. I turn it off normally and then later my sister turns it on and the power button was glowing saying it was turned on but there is nothing displayed on the monitor. I turn it off by holding the power button and now the power button won't glow as it did before and does nothing. I do hear something it might be the fans. I checked the back and a green light glows right next to the power cord and there are green lights inside.

PC Specs (I don't remember everything)

64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
    8 GB Rams
    AMD Radeon 8750 Graphics Card

And the monitor is working please help

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 2,541   +473

3. NotANoob

NotANoob TS Rookie Topic Starter

Do I have to take out the things on the outside such as usb cables, etc only?

4. NotANoob

NotANoob TS Rookie Topic Starter

Doesn't work. After I did what you said, I pressed the power button and heard a beep and the fans but the button doesn't glow or the monitor doesn't display anything

5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 2,541   +473

Possibly bad switch, possibly bad connections, possibly bad 'power good', possibly bad PSU, etc, etc...

Need to be organized about it, possibly this will help http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000312.htm

Else, take to repair shop