Configuring updates 16+ hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchy Meister

I just installed Vista 3 days ago, and It was working great! I then went to install some updates. I got all 60 or so at once and went from there. The system went to restart and sat at "configuring updates" for about 30 min, then "Shutting down" for another 30 before I decided to force reboot and system restore. Then I went back and started installing the updates at about 10 at a time. This worked, until I got to the last couple updates, and the same thing happened. On another computer I looked up the problem and Microsoft said to just let it sit until it's done, as it has to "uninstall language packs" or something. So I let it sit over night, and during school, and it had been about 16 hours. I decided it just needed help shutting down so i force rebooted and then it got stuck on "Configuring updates" after loading Windows. What am I supposed to do? I can't keep system restoring every time i install an update?!

My system: Vista Home Premium 32-bit; Intel Core 2 Quad E6600; nVidia GeForce 8800gt; ASUS P5N-E SLI Mobo; 4 gb Corsair Ram; Seagate 200 gb hdd; second 620 gb hard drive used for docs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back