Connect modems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am new to this site.
My problem is this. I have an Asus wireless modem router approx 3 years old which is working fine. I recently got an Xbox 360 and couldn't access xbox live because the modem failed the mtu test. And there is no mtu adjustment on the modem. I had a spare D Link modem which I configured and was able to access Xbox live and download updates etc. and am successful in that. However I need the wireless for my other computers. I am trying to use the Asus as a wireless router only and use the DLink as the ADSL modem but am not having any success. The networking is working OK but not able to access the internet. I imagine I have to somehow disable the modem section of the Asus to enable this but am not clear if what I am trying to do is even possible. I would appreciate suggestions and instructions on going about this if possible.
Many thanks

Always evaluate your firewall and security software first. They are the usual cause. Zone Alarm, Comodo, Kerio, and SunBelt have been hit hard recently. If you have any firewall, considering uninstalling it after jotting down the reinstall information.
My guess is that things will work after you go back to Windows Firewall and simple security antivirus and antispyware.... ten you need to piece it back together.
If not a firewall, what security software is installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back