Connect Nintendo Switch to Laptop

Hi, so I wanted to connect my Nintendo Switch to my laptop (so that I can see on my laptop what you'd normally see on our TV), and after browsing the internet for a few minutes, I quickly realized that I couldn't just connect my Switch to my laptop via an HDMI cable because most laptops only have HDMI output ports, and my laptop seemed to be no exception. So I bought an HDMI to USB adapter, plugged the HDMI cable in my switch and in the adapter and the adapter in the USB port of my laptop and it still doesn't work. I know that the USB ports of my laptop are both input and output ports because I also have my mouse plugged in via USB.
Thanks in advance for help

In the past I also realized I couldn't plug a video source to my laptop for that same reason. Not sure which adapter you bought but I never did find a solution to this problem. Can you post a link to the adapter you purchased?

After a quick Google search and visually seeing images of such adapters, these would not help you realize your goals. What these adapters do if I'm not mistaken is that they allow you to use your HDMI port as a USB port. The output configuration of the HDMI port remains.

Back