Connecting my laptop through Belkin G router

Hi everyone. I'm new here and hope you can help me.

I have a Belkin G router, but cant seem to connect my laptop wirelessly, the wired network is ok and so is the internet connection.
At the sameI also have a PC which can connect the internet (whereby from modem - same router - PC ) but my laptop still failed to connect with the internet even i have tried resetting the modem and router.

how can i detect the internet - I already set the SSID, PPOE and WEP security in the Router. I was trying to figure things out again today and now Im still only can connect to the network. Anyone have any ideas I can try??

please help

Thank you.

Find some time, when you can print out the Belkin instructions, then can go through the installation, step by step with all of the information at your fingertips... no shortcuts, no rush.

Usually, it is simplest to uninstall everything, and do it over, one step at a time.

It is difficult for us out here in Etherland to imagine what you have done, and what remains to be done, and there is great room for confusion...

The Belkins are relatively simple, as installs, but they vary a great deal from model to model, and are not even made in the same plants... They are built under contract, and not by Belkin, unless things have changed recently.

Plod along, step by step, with your instruction set... then come back if you don't understand some aspect of Belkin's install process.

Back