Constant BSOD Win 7 x64 Pro - STOP 0x00000124

NemesisVince

Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out. Ever since I installed (And reinstalled several times) Windows 7 X64, professional, I keep getting BSOD's. They could be 5 minutes in, 12 hours in, its really random. I could be gaming, or listening to music, chatting over skype, or simply browsing. Either way, it happens under any circumstances. I've looked into it several times, and given up because everywhere I go its all "the Stop 0x00000124 bsod is generic, it could be anything...". Hopefully if i give you my many dump files since i formatted you guys can figure something out to help me. its a shame to put such a strong pc to waste worrying about bluescreens, and with college coming up again, I can't afford to just lose my work at random..

Any help is immensely appreciated; you have no idea!

I have attached my 25 Dmp files. I formatted on 28/05/2010 and now its only 26/07/2010, its kinda sad i've had just about enough of them to fill up a whole month @ once per day!

Thanks a million to anyone who can help me!

My specs:
Windows Seven X64 Professional
EVGA X58 3X Sli Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 2.67 Ghz - Clocked to 3.2 Ghz
Coolermaster V8 Cooler
EVGA GTX260 SSC+ Edition
Seagate 1TB Harddrive 32mb cache x2
Seagate 750 Gb Harddrive 32 or 16 mb cache, can't remember.
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 Triple Channel 1333mhz ram 6 sticks of 1Gb - (all bought matched pairs)
hdtv monitor via HDMI (32 " Samsung 1080p)
g15 keyboard
Razor Mamba mouse
Audio through my GTX260 for HDMI (via the DVI to HDMI Adaptor)
Other than that i have 2 litescribe drives, 1 ide :( and one sata :)

If you need anymore info let me know :) I will be more than happy to help!

I apologize in advance for the 4 zip files, but i had a lot of dmp files(25 since the end of may) and mine are all 285kb, so they exceed the site's limits.

No need for four Zip files. We only need one Zip file with your five most recent minidumps. Meanwhile here is inportant information on the 0x124 error.

0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source o 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

1. What versions are your Seagates?

2. Run a harddrive diagnostic utilizing the free SeaTools from Seagate. Run both short and long, especially the long.

3. Check your cables.

My Seagates are

ST31000333AS
ST31000528AS
ST3_Invalid_PFM.

Now i know thats a problem, but i've run the seagate tools on this and these drives many times before and no errors have come up. I had originally bought this drive cause my dad wanted one on the network for easier access, but he formatted it improperly and it kept corrupting data cause it overheated in the enclosure he bought. I've never had issues since its been in my machine. the 2 terrabyte drives have been in my machine for less than a year and the 750 was put in about 2 years ago. I also have a 250 western Digital but its kept as my external, and its barely ever plugged in.

I've checked my cables many times before, but I just did again, to make sure, and they're all secure.

I will run a seagate diagnostic tool once more a little later today.

thanks in advance, and i know the stop 0x124 is very hard to diagnose, but i mean, if we can't come up with a solution, i hope we can come up with at least a direction to go in.

Also, the 4 or 5 most recent are in part 4.
Thanks,
Vince

K So far i've run a couple tests,

SMART passed on all 3
Short DST Passed on all 3
I'm currently running a LDT on my terrabytes, will run a LDT on my 750 when i'm not using the pc.

It would be interesting to see if uninstalling that third harddrive brings stability.

Also, I see no Zip files attached.

Although i 100% agree with you, Its my windows drive lol, removing it would cause complete and utter instability. If I can't find any other source for this BSOD, then i will for sure eliminate that drive as a suspect. It's finishing its long test right now, but it passed all the other tests, including SMART, and SDT.

Alright, so after doing all the harddrive tests from SeaTools. They all passed. I did the SMART, short and long test, and the short and long generic test. All 3 drives passed no errors. I haven't had a bluescreen since, but knock on wood, there has been times before when it would stop for a few days and start up again.. its really random! I will keep posting on here regularly to see if theres a new symptom.

Hey, theres been 1 bluescreen so far. My pc ran for 3 days straight with no bluescreen, to my amazement, and then bam! it decided to bluescreen. But, since then, it hasn't bluescreened again. I'm thinking either those tests fixed a faulty spot on my harddrives somewhere, or a recent windows update fixed something. After all, I have been sending reports in everytime, in the slight chance they may come up with a solution. Its a common problem with Seven.

Thanks for all your help, I will post back whenever it bluescreens again.

Hey, sorry about the zip files, I uploaded them, but they must've disappeared. I re-uploaded them just now. Part 4 contains all my recent bluescreens.

Attachments

• Minidump Part 1.zip
    189.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump part 2.zip
    192 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump part 3.zip
    185.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump part 4.zip
    156.3 KB · Views: 3
I read the latest dumps and all were the same 0x124 and all simply cited hardware and nothing more specific which is the norm in these error dumps.

okay, well thanks for havin a look, hopefully in the future one of them will point a tad bit more specifically at something. I can't stand the generic bluescreen, i've been dealing with it way too much in windows 7. if it wasn't for how much better it is than vista, I would go back to vista.. Hell if XP had 7's look and had DX10/11, I would still be on xp..

Back