Constant Bsod's and System Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Techspot,

My name is Rowan, and for some time now, I have simply started getting literally tons, of blue screens of death...

I am not sure how it started, because when it did, I had not installed any new software on my computer...

At first I only got about two over a couple of days, and then I started getting numerous ones every time I started to my machine up -- so it took about three tries per - startup, in order to get everything working...and then, out of the blue, when I was, say, in any graphically demanding (or only semi - demanding) situation, my machine would simply come up with a blue screen of death -- I do not know why...

These screens contain all the numerous numbers and 0's -- and they also point to certain files, such as atiduag.dll and plenty others, with messages like bad_header and the like...

So then, I started getting constant system shut - down errors, giving me 60 seconds to save and get outo of whatever I was currently doing...

And I also started seeing wierd folders in my C: drive, such as wyndows and windoos and windoss...with strange copies of my actual "windows" folder...

I have tried scanning for viruses but nothing ever comes up...

When I sent in an error report, microsoft said that it was an issue with my drivers -- nothing more...

And any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, --Rowan

Hello - you don't have a LOT of knowledge about computers (from the way you describe things, sorry if I am wrong) so I would suggest the following course of action:

1 - look for a local YMCA/Church/College after hours etc program that offers to teach about computer basic installation and repair

2 - join it

3 - take your computer

OR

1 - take it to a shop and have your HD wiped and your OS reinstalled.

Seriously!

Alright, I appreciate what you are saying (I've actually been using and learning about computers for a long while), and I should probably do that (take it in to a store) before things get any worse, I only thought it might be possible to get it done independently...

Thanks...

Let's try a couple of things first:

1. Question: although you said you didn't install anything, do your have Windows Updates set to Automatic? If you do, you will likely have received the SP# update. This update has caused multiple problems for those with AMD processors. Check in Add/Remove Programs for KB936929- this is SP3. If it's there, highlight and uninstall> Reboot.

Se if that makes any difference.

As for "wyndows": wyndows techknow(tm) internet products list
No other service offers so much versatility and individual features for combined online and internet services!
1. Quality 'Interactive' Internet Access - wyndows techknow(tm) information server is like a miniAOL only without the slow bandwidth or busies! And all of this starts as low as just $9.67 a month too! We also offer ActivatorDesk(tm) V.90 KFlex 56k dialups over 13 states as well and dedicated accounts are offered all the way to 128k ISDN to T3. more info
Are you using this?

Regarding "windoos", references to this may be found on this Google search page:http://tinyurl.com/5um6fc

Regarding "windoss": Windoss 2003 Server> http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive...blic.windows.server.dns/2005-12/msg00162.html

You will need to deal with each of these entries with respect as to what you have on your system.

OK, thanks a lot -- I'll try all of those things when I next get a chance (soon) -- and I will let you know...

So I saw that there was no KB936929 in my add and remove programs area -- but it is possible that I downloaded an unwanted update -- seeing as these errors started around the time I enabled automatic updates...

And about the Windoos and Windoas folders -- maybe there is some kind of bad malware on my computer; because looking inside my windows folder, I can see folders like sistem32 and s}stem32, and inside there, are folders like dryvers and driivers and dr}vers -- maybe this is the issue, seeing as the Bsod's I am getting, according to Microsoft, are due to problems with my drivers...

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back