Converting emails from netscape to thunderbird help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zynizen

Hello,

One of our workers received a new laptop, they were running XP with netscape mail 7.2, and now have a new Vista Business laptop.

I ultimately want to convert the user from using netscape to more common, supported email, so I suggested outlook 2007 or thunderbird 2.x with Lightning calendar and address book thing, until thunderbird 3 comes out with all that built in.

I've tried importing via the import tools, tried copying directly then just running the program, everything I tried doesn't seem to want to import his emails into either program.

I noticed there is no easy "export" settings/emails/address books from netscape to import it later... not even if it was the same version..

So, I backed up the entire profiles folder and tried dumping that in the same place, and still no luck.

Is there anything I can do to either get all the emails/settings into either thunderbird or outlook?

I've gotta tackle this again first thing tomorrow morning, so I appreciate the quick replies/solutions. thanks everyone

Well you have the right idea... Export to an archive file. Import from the archive file.
There are plenty of instructions at www.mozilla.com unless that has changed recently.

Or use Eudora to import, then export to a file that Thunderbird will import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back