Cookie issues with IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running IE7. It used to be that I could sign in to certain websites (such as Netflix, the Weather Channel, or Daily Tech) and they would remember that I had been there. This resulted in allowing me to "stay signed in." I hate to admit it, but I am sort of lazy and enjoyed the convenience of not having to sign in every time I visited the site. But something, somehow has changed. I don't know if I somehow changed the setting in my browser (I don't think so, but...) or if one of the security programs I am running (NOD32, Zone Alarm Pro, Windows Defender) is running a regular scan for cookies and deleting them. Any help or pointers is/are welcome. Thanks in advance.

By the way, my cookies seem to work, as I can sign in to a site, navigate away, come back and still be signed in. But the next day (or 2 or 3 days) I'll come back and need to sign in again. This is particularly irksome with Google. Google simply will not remember my preferences for more than a day or two. Arrgghh!

Check the setting of the programs you are running that are clearing the Cookies. UNHECK 'clear Cookies'. I know CCleaner is on that many have a problem with zapping all their Cookies if they don't uncheck the option.

You. yourself have control over your Cookies. Choose the Privacy tab in Internet Options> Advanced button> CHECK 'allow first party Cookies' and Block or Prompt for 'third party'< Check 'allow per session cookies> Apply> OK.

You can selectively delete the Cookies:
Right click on Start> Explore> your Documents & Settings> Cookies> click on the view icon to right of folder icon and change to List view to see the Domains. Right click> Delete the cookies you don't want to save, leave the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back