Cooler Master launches its new flagship HAF X chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Cooler Master has launched a new flagship HAF chassis, which was first unveiled at CES 2010 and is aimed at enthusiasts, gamers and overclockers. As its name denotes, the HAF X (high airflow) pumps some serious wind with front-mounted 230mm fan, as well as 200mm top and 140mm rear fans. If that's not enough ventilation, you can also install a 200mm side fan and a VGA fan.

The enclosure is constructed out of steel and plastic, measures 230 x 550 x 599mm and weighs a whopping ~15kg (33lbs). It supports ATX, M-ATX and E-ATX motherboards, up to six 5.25-inch and five 3.5-inch drives, and nine rear expansion slots. There's also mention of a front-accessible SATA dock for painless drive installation. The included I/O panel has two USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, eSATA and Firewire connectors, and audio/mic jacks.

Cooler Master's HAF X should crash through store shelves soon with an MSRP of $199 (look for our review soon, too). If you're unfamiliar with the line, check out our review of the HAF 932 and 922.

Permalink to story.

We are reviewing the new HAF X soon, so watch out for that. I'm running a 932 on my workstation, sweet inexpensive case.

Can't wait to read your guy's review,i have read a few and it all seems very good so far.
I bought my HAF 932 after reading the review on here.

I am a proud HAF932 owner and for the $130 I spent on a Full Tower that cools so well I could never have wanted something better. The only thing Cooler Master needed to do was decrease the dam 5.25" bays to say 3-4 and have about 7-9 Hard Drive bays instead. I like the new idea with those SATA trays for the 5.25" bays and I know if they become available for purchase there will be at least 3 or 4 put in my HAF932 to fix the mistake of only 5 Hard Drive bays. My motherboard has 9 internal SATA ports how am I supposed to fit the drives with 5 bays !!!!!!!!!!???????????

Case looks sick and is built well for air cooling and water cooling users which is always a plus if you plan on moving to water in your future. Don't think it will be replacing my 932 since it is basically the same thing with some different fan space designs.

The added filters are a definite plus. Pity CM couldn't stretch to fitting a floor mounted filter as Corsair have done with the 700D/800D.
The PSU cable cover accessory looks like a nice simple idea. Could also be adapted easily to hide a reservoir and pump as well for the watercooler crowd.

Now I have small case and lately I've been really drooling over some cases. After the neowin newletter I got not too long ago, I think I've found what I've been looking for. Seriously, no one takes cooling seriously until they finally experience the issues of insufficient cooling. I think for anyone's case(yes pun), this is their case.

i dont like the look of CM's HAF series....theyre sexy from the inside but look ugly from the outsite....their smaller cases like the CM Elite 333 are much better looking

I still can't understand why they don't build the HAFs out of aluminium, instead of steel. That would help knock temps down even further.

...and add about 50% to the price.
CM pretty much got that covered with the ATCS 840, likewise Silverstone's TJ07 and pretty much anything Lian Li.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back