Corsair recalls some H100i RGB Platinum SE coolers due to leaks

onetheycallEric

Staff
What just happened? If you've purchased Corsair's recent H100i RGB Platinum SE cooler, you'll need to reference the packaging or the cooler's radiator and see if it belongs to lot "1852," as these units appear to have a faulty seal allowing coolant to leak into the tube sleeving. If so, you'll need to contact Corsair customer support to arrange a replacement.

Corsair has issued a recall for a small number of its H100i RGB Platinum SE closed loop coolers. The affected coolers is estimated to be less than 1 percent of sold units, but Corsair insists that the recall is a precautionary measure. The leak is due to a faulty seal, where coolant leaks into the tube sleeving. Corsair notes that the leak should be immediately noticeable upon opening the box, but that it could also manifest over time.

According to Corsair, the leak should be easy to spot, as the tube sleeving is white and the coolant is bright green. The faulty coolers are limited to the lot code "1852" which can be read from the packaging or on the radiator of the cooler. All other lot codes for the H100i RGB PLATINUM SE remain unaffected. Below is a picture for reference.

Corsair encourages customers to contact them for a return and replacement, free of charge, of course. Replacements will be available beginning April 2, 2019.

Permalink to story.

No mention of what their policy is when the leak destroys your system ....... interesting

No mention of what their policy is when the leak destroys your system ....... interesting
It's not enough that they're proactively notifying everyone and offering free replacements, right? They should buy a whole new computer to everyone affected, right? Typical American thinking.

I had my seidon closed loop 120v liquid systems cooling pump go out in the first few months, luckily it did not do any major damage to my pc. The little light stayed on even though the pump failed. Took a few weeks to get it replaced. My new ones been running fine for the last 4 years.

Knowing a lot more about water cooling, id never run one in pc even a pre packaged closed loop without first testing for leaks. Or at the very least face my mobo in a downwards position for a few weeks.

Last edited:
I had my seidon closed loop 120v liquid systems cooling pump go out in the first few months, luckily it did not do any major damage to my pc. The little light stayed on even though the pump failed. Took a few weeks to get it replaced. My new ones been running fine for the last 4 years.

Knowing a lot more about water cooling, id never run one in pc even a pre packaged closed loop with first test for leaks. Or at the very least face my mobo in a downwards position for a few weeks.

I've had my H100i for 5 years leak free and this article states less than 1% of this RGB AIO are affected by leaks. Stop the fear-mongering. It's annoying and unnecessary.

I'm not suprised by this, I've had issues with their AIO coolers before. I had a h100i gtx that I had to ditch due to the fluid going bad and blocking the radiator. The pump worked fine but the coolant wasn't getting through the radiator at all causing my cpu to overheat badly. I like their ram, cases and peripherals but I'll never buy one of their coolers again. I'm using a Coolermaster Liguid 240 now.

I've had my H100i for 5 years leak free and this article states less than 1% of this RGB AIO are affected by leaks. Stop the fear-mongering. It's annoying and unnecessary.
So you don't think people should test their liquid cooling systems for leaks?....

Back