Counter Strike strange ping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys I have been playing counter strike source on my laptop I do have a nice laptop with high performance but when I go on CSS, my ping is ok at first minute its at around 10-30 but then as im walking around my ping increases steadily to 40,50,62,70,100,.....untill 400 and then as it drops down the lag goes away, this happens very often and I cant play CSS because of this anyone have a solution for me?

Hi,

I think that sounds like your graphics RAM is having a hard time filling or emptying too slowly, to keep up with your char's position, maybe the gfx levels need dropping a little or the hard drive needs a clean and defrag to enable it to find and move the required files faster.

Try turning off all other apps, and running CSS on slightly lowered gfx settings for a while.

If you are using wireless to connect, try to ensure no-one else is accessing the internet or network during your test.

Good luck,

Taff.

Hi RuthlessVillian, it sounds like you are having an internet issue or a problem with the connection to the server that you are playing on. Have you tried testing this on multiple servers?

If so, then you're rates may need to be changed. Go into console (~) [If not set, go to Options > Advanced > Enable Console] and type in "cl_updaterate 101", "cl_cmdrate 101", and "rate 25000"

Minus the quotations and press enter after each command. After you have changed these three settings, Counter Strike will adapt to it, and your ping should lower. If it does not, then it may be an ISP issue.

I was having exactly the same problem with CSS when i was with netspace. I had a 1.5mb connection in tas and they were unable to resolve the problem with the high latency's after loads and loads of calls. They did say that it may have been the line but i moved house twice and that didn't change anything, then when i did recently go to move again they couldn't offer me 1.5mb. the high latency wasn't on all servers but all of the warring servers (which by memory were Game Arena and Game Space and also Internode) where all the same. (3fl was probably the best ping server i got) made it hopeless to get a shot in especially when you are in competition. I'm now with a different isp and i no longer experience the problems. I was with netspace for 4 years and apart from the high latency in servers i experienced in CSS that was the only fault with them. I'm glad to see i was not the only person having the same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back