CPU and GPU Compatibility

Xenonium

Me and my dad wanted to find out if the graphics card I want would run properly on my current processor.
My processor is an AMD A8 6600K and the graphics card I want is an AMD Radeon R7 370. Any help?

There are no compatibility issues between CPU and GPU. As long as the card fits your case and your PSU is strong enough to power the card, you are good to go.

There are no compatibility issues between CPU and GPU. As long as the card fits your case and your PSU is strong enough to power the card, you are good to go.
I thought if your processor was too slow then the graphics card wouldn't run at full potential.

You will be fine with an A8 and R7-370. That will give you near i5 processing and just over my GTX-660 performance.

You will be fine with an A8 and R7-370. That will give you near i5 processing and just over my GTX-660 performance.
I just took a look on the internet and there was someone who recommended I don't go as far as an R7 270 or GTX 750, do you agree with this? I don't want any chance of bottlenecking my GPU.

I just took a look on the internet and there was someone who recommended I don't go as far as an R7 270 or GTX 750, do you agree with this? I don't want any chance of bottlenecking my GPU.
You shouldn't worry about bottle-necking so much. There is no harm in it. You are not even considering a top-tier card, so any bottle-necking will be a bare minimum.
the graphics card I want is an AMD Radeon R7 370
Why do you say the R7 370 would work fine?
That was your pick of cards,not mine. I was commenting on the card you mentioned.

You shouldn't worry about bottle-necking so much. There is no harm in it. You are not even considering a top-tier card, so any bottle-necking will be a bare minimum.
I want to make sure I'll get all of the power of the graphics card. Are you sure this is fine?

What you have to consider is some games are CPU intensive while others are GPU intensive. You may find a game that is bottlenecking your CPU. And you may find a game that is bottlenecking your GPU. There is no perfect match between CPU and GPU. Though I am certain the CPU you listed will be fine with the 270 or 370.

Back