CPU/desktop cooling questions

ok fist before I start the question here is my build.

[LEFT]Desktop Case:[FONT=arial]Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case with Window
MotherBoard:GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]Ram:[/FONT][FONT=arial]Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]CPU:[/FONT][FONT=arial]AMD FX-8150 FX 8-Core Black Edition Processor Socket AM3+[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]PS:[/FONT][FONT=arial]Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA 3 Intellipower 64 MB Cache
Graphic Card:VisionTek Products Radeon 7750 1 GB DDR5 PCI Express Graphics Cards 900503
[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]OS:Windows 7 ultimate 64Bit
This is a Custom Desktop I bought and put together so I added this just in case so I don't get ask abought what I got.
[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT]
[FONT=arial]Ok im using the Stock fan for the CPU. my temps on load(for gaming)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]System:44'C[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]CPU:65'C[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]is this good temps?

and as of right now I ordered 3 120mm Fans for the case. and want to know what I should get for the CPU. im thinking of getting the Corsair Hydro series H80. since the H100 wont fit my case. do you guys have any other suggestions?
[/FONT][/LEFT]

Hi Todd,
That is a bit warm if you are running the 8150 at stock speed , but the H-80 will bring the CPU temp down by 20c +/- . adding a few fans for flow is a good idea as well.

Hello Todd,
First, I would request you to kindly increase the font size for better eligibility.
Second, what are your ambient (room) temps? The Dozer series do tend to run a bit hotter than the average, but those definitely aren't good temps, especially for extended periods.
The H80 is definitely a good solution (for cooling and noise). Though I'm a bit concerned about overall temps. I am currently working on a guide to help cases such as yours at least primarily. Till then, you can have a look at this guide to help shave a few degrees. A picture of the inside of the case would be helpful in calculating airflow issues, viz. recirculation, turbulence, stagnation and hot air-pockets.

Hello Todd,
First, I would request you to kindly increase the font size for better eligibility.
Second, what are your ambient (room) temps? The Dozer series do tend to run a bit hotter than the average, but those definitely aren't good temps, especially for extended periods.
The H80 is definitely a good solution (for cooling and noise). Though I'm a bit concerned about overall temps. I am currently working on a guide to help cases such as yours at least primarily. Till then, you can have a look at this guide to help shave a few degrees. A picture of the inside of the case would be helpful in calculating airflow issues, viz. recirculation, turbulence, stagnation and hot air-pockets.

yea sorry abought the font and I tried to see if I could change it back to regular size but couldnt find it(some reason it just changed to small font).and I keep my Room below 75F. so when it get above that my AC kicks on. my desktop is set next to the AC to help with the cool air. and ill do a Video on it soon to show you. since I already did unboxing video on my Youtube channel (KingTodd20)

Here you Go(sorry if im double posted I dont see a edit button on this forum to add this in)
this is the video of the desktop

-I merged them for you, SNGX1275

Sure the H80 would probably help a'lot but why go with such an expensive cooler when you could always just get a decent aftermarket air cooler. Also have you installed the rear exhaust fan? Personally I would put in the fans you have on the way then see what your temps are like. It seems likely that you are just suffering from air stagnation or reflow, and the lack of a rear exhaust fan might be causing all of your issues.

My recommendation; get your fans and then if you still have temp problems buy a decent aftermarket air cooler, DON'T spend a ton of money on a cooler for a mid range system with stock specs.

Sure the H80 would probably help a'lot but why go with such an expensive cooler when you could always just get a decent aftermarket air cooler. Also have you installed the rear exhaust fan? Personally I would put in the fans you have on the way then see what your temps are like. It seems likely that you are just suffering from air stagnation or reflow, and the lack of a rear exhaust fan might be causing all of your issues.

My recommendation; get your fans and then if you still have temp problems buy a decent aftermarket air cooler, DON'T spend a ton of money on a cooler for a mid range system with stock specs.
yea I had gotten my fans in like I said in the video. when I installed them in my new computer my temps are

System:29-35C (it stable at 32C)
CPU:26C(idle) 52-68C(on load) (stable around 56C)

even though I get these now I still want a liquid cooler because I use the computer 24/7 im not average person that uses it once in a while, im on it alot since I use it as soon as I get up to work with. I do alot of video editing and recording and software development plus gaming when im bord(I seen the computer at 68C when recording). so im hoping to see the temps go to atless 45c or below on load. and I am thinking of remaking the video either some time soon or when I get liquid cooling. plus 90$ is not alot because I seen air coolers for around that price 2

The FX-8150 Black Edition is made for overclocking, which should NEVER be attempted using a stock CPU cooler, so the H80 is a good solution which should fit easily without the clearance issues associated with large air coolers. Even if you're not OCing it's not really overkill - you can't run TOO cool - although if not OCing why buy the top binned CPU? Anyways even for a mild OC it's good insurance to use water cooling.

Back