CPU speed slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems with my CPU speed. I currently have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ processor but the thing is my CPU speed only shows up as 994 mhz.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Thanks but I already got CPU-z. And thats one of the programs that shows that I only have 994 MHz. I also checked systemrequirementslab and it also said 994 MHz.

Wait a minute :rolleyes: That's correct :cool:

You have a dual core, like having 2 x 994 MHz. (note it doesn't work this way exactly)
You are just looking at one core

Thanks guys, but the thing is that I am trying to play "the saboteur". And according to Systemrequirementlab I have a computer that can handle it except for the CPU speed I do have the game and it is lagging.
hxxp://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4513/cpuh.png
xx-tt

You have a dual core, like having 2 x 994 MHz. (note it doesn't work this way exactly)

The operating frequency should be 3.2Ghz.

994 is showing up most because AMDs have a throttling technology called Cool and Quiet. Basically during times of inactiby the CPU underclocks itself to reduce heat and power consumption.

What you could is start a CPU intensive program, and watch CPU-Z and you can see the multipler go up. Or you can enter BIOS and disable it all togther.

Just to be sure, can check the multipler during on CPU-Z when it is reading 994, it show something lower then 16.

You can play the game.

The software that is checking to see if you are capable to play it, is simply checking your current CPU clock speed.

As mentioned with CnQ on, during times of non intensive load the CPU underclocks itself. So the program that is checking the requirements is looking at a the speed that CnQ has not the speed of the CPU once its is under load.

Once your CPU is underload (from a game, or ripping a DVD etc) is goes back to the normal 3.2Ghz that it is rated at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back