CPU Usage 100%

Just gonna start off by putting PC specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9150e Quad-Core 1.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
System: Windows 7 64bit
Motherboard: ASRock N68C-GS4 FX

So I recently upgraded my motherboard from an 8 year old ATX to a fairly newer Micro ATX (Bought it from Newegg, who listed it as an ATX while it was obviously not) and now anytime I run basically ANY program that program takes 100% CPU Usage. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and basically any game even if I met recommended specs by a long shot. Before changing the motherboard I got a steady 40FPS on Europa Universalis IV, after I changed it the game is unplayable - It gets 1-5 FPS. Idling CPU usage is 1-5%, just any program makes it go to 100%.

Also if it helps Kernal Times have been almost maxed out anytime CPU is 100%. I've run anti-virus checks using Avast and Anti-Malwarebytes (Only had one installed at a time as I know that can cause problems sometimes) and they both came up clean. I personally think I need a new motherboard that is actually ATX this time, but I would like a more definitive answer before I just go out and buy one.

I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks :3

Did you reinstall OS? Did you get fresh drivers for the new board and install them? Did you fully update OS (manually requesting update from Microsoft Updates)?

Disconnect from the Internet and run any local program or game - - what's the status then?

Recap: no installation media; changed motherboard; works, but doesn't work properly.

Recommendation: record key for Windows 7; backup essential files; borrow installation media for both Windows 7 and Windows 10; install Windows 7; upgrade to Windows 10 before the 'no longer free' deadline (7/29)

Back