CPUID CPU-Z issue

Mark Fuller

I downloaded and installed CPUID for my HP envy z360 but when I go to the speed tab in CPU-Z it doesn't show anything, the boxes are all greyed out.

Speed or SPD? If you mean the latter, CPU-Z requires the SPD module on the memory DIMMs to provide that information and if it's not in a format recognised, then it'll be blank. Another possible issue is that CPU-Z needs to be run in Admin mode: right-click on the icon and select 'Run as administrator' as this can sometimes help with that problem.

The module will be there, as it is required to tell the memory controller what speeds and timings it supports, but it seems that CPU-z isn't reading it correctly.

Another issue that can cause this are the motherboard chipset drivers not being fully up-to-date. What's the exact model of your HP Envy?

Its an x360 only about 3 months old but I'll check for updates as it could have been sitting around for awhile in the store.

There's 18 different Envy X360 models :)
The CPU tab in CPU-z should provide enough information to work out which one it is - what CPU does it say your laptop has?

Thanks. I've checked through HP's support pages, for all Envy models with the 5625U, but there are no new drivers for the chipset/processor.

You could try using AMD's own drivers, though:

Either way, your laptop has fairly standard DDR4-3200; the laptop's BIOS won't permit any timings to be changed, but you could always replace the RAM for larger capacity ones, if you needed too.

If you're just looking to upgrade your memory, use can use the system scanner tool by Crucial (which is the consumer brand name of Micron):

You don't have to use their RAM, of course, but it should tell what you can fit.

Back