Create automatic layers in Photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I just want to know is it possible that photoshop can create automatic layers while we create a new objects. When we insert any image or paste any data, then only it will create layers automatically, otherwise not.
But in Fireworks, it creates an new separate layer automatically every time when i use any tool even when I use marquee tool.
If its possible in photoshop, then plz help me because I am now very much fed of creating layers manually.
Thanx

Anything is possible with Photoshop with a person new to the software...
You would be helpf by purchasing a good used copy of a Photoshop training manual... there are probably 30 differemt ones.

Photoshop requires more explanation than we have room for here.

If its possible in photoshop, then plz help me because I am now very much fed of creating layers manually.
Thanx
Imagine, the nerve of those folks at Adobe to expect you to be willing to hit "Ctrl" +"Shift" + "N" to create a blank layer, or the insurmountable imposition of hitting "Ctrl" + "J" for a layer via copy.

Come to think of it, there are so many different types of layers in Photoshop, we should have them program it to read your mind to decide what kind of layer you actually want.

If you are like this on Sunday Evening, Captain Cranky, what can we expect for the rest of the week. You must have Photoship on your eMachine.

Anything is possible with Photoshop with a person new to the software... You would be helpf by purchasing a good used copy of a Photoshop training manual... there are probably 30 differemt ones. Photoshop requires more explanation than we have room for here.

How do you come up with stuff?

You didn't answer his question with your inane sentences, so you shouldn't have bothered to reply. He didn't ask for your "explanation of Photoshop", he asked if it is possible to have PS automatically create new layers like Fireworks.

I also don't understand why you implied that "anything is possible" only with a *new* user. For whatever reason, you specified *new* user... Then again, I don't understand many of your posts.

And how about "30 differemt ones" -- That's probably an understatement. I just find it surprising you didn't say something like, "we think there are 269 published texts on using photoshop, 42 of those are for beginners and the rest cover more advanced topics". Now THAT is classic raybay. :)

Anyhow, I'm afraid ricks probably won't find what he's looking for. Fireworks is a much more basic application where pasting things into layers is pretty much desirable no matter what. Photoshop gives you a lot of effects and tools where pasting into layers becomes desirable or even necessary, so I don't believe you'll find automatic layers are an option in Photoshop. I think captaincranky hit the nail on the head with telepathy. One day...

Anyhow, I'm afraid ricks probably won't find what he's looking for. Fireworks is a much more basic application where pasting things into layers is pretty much desirable no matter what. Photoshop gives you a lot of effects and tools where pasting into layers becomes desirable or even necessary, so I don't believe you'll find automatic layers are an option in Photoshop. I think captaincranky hit the nail on the head with telepathy. One day...
OK, PS does make layers "automatically", but only in certain contexts. If you paste into a file from another source, the donated file will show up on its own layer in the working file. When the "Text Tool" is selected, a layer is automatically generated for the text to be written to.

However, there are no fewer than 15 (that's >> fifteen<< folks) different types of adjustment layers available, and no way that even the "Oracle of Delphi" could determine through prescience which one to make "automatically".

With those things being said, I find it a trifle overbearing that our OP states ;
If its possible in photoshop, then plz help me because I am now very much fed of creating layers manually. Thanx
In essence it's essentially too much trouble to learn about PS's possibilities. After all, this is a 700 dollar industry standard program we're talking about. Definitely not one for the lazy, or feint of conviction and industry.

Raybay has his points, adequate Photoshop literacy is a college level undertaking. I know, I studied it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back