Crucial MX100 SSD Review: Meet the New Value Champ

Steve

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/832-crucial-mx100/]https://www.techspot.com/review/832-crucial-mx100/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Awesome review, as always, the only thing I would like to see you guys do is review the Corsair Neutron GTX series of SSD's since they have a different Controller to most SSD's out there and I'm intrigued if they are actually worth their money :)

Great review as always though!

Last edited:
This whole article is misinformed.

The Samsung 840 evo:

500GB is less then $260
250GB is under $135

Amazon prices, long standing prices I might add.

Wake up.

This whole article is misinformed.

The Samsung 840 evo:

500GB is less then $260
250GB is under $135

Amazon prices, long standing prices I might add.

Wake up.
...the MX100 is $110 on Amazon and the Evo is $135... I don't understand how the article is "misinformed". The MX100 is obviously a better bang for the buck as the article states.

Sweet review.

My first SSD was the C300 64GB and I was happy with it, so I'd have no problem dropping the cash on a 512GB at the speeds tested here. Currently using a HyperX 3K 120GB (W8.1+BF4) and want room for more games.

Try reading the article....

It clearly states that the Samsung evo is priced around $400 when in reality it is $259..

Performance looks great for the price. time to switch from the dinosaur 10, rpm HDD to the SSD world!

Two of those 256GB jobbies in raid0 FTW -- and $10 less than the 512GB drive

Yea these where in stock in Sweden even before the review went live and prices are amazing even here. (Which is not always the case).
If I was looking to buy a SATA SSD it would definately be this one.
No point in arguing that it's not as fast as some other SATA SSD's
Have to go PCIe if you want maximum performance...
Now if only some decent PCIe drives with NVMe support at decent prices could come out :)
The new Intel SSD DC P3xxx series looks very promising :cool:

I would not hesitate to pick the MX100 over any Samsung drives except for the fact that there is no software suite from Crucial that offers similar functionality to Samsung's Magician software.

I am definitely getting my kids some of these. Now to decide if they need 256 or 512GB.

Yes, but if you're on a mac/linux it won't matter since the magician software is for windows only. Kinda makes the choice easier :)

Back