Crypto for Elite?

terzaerian

Good evening,

I'm curious if Techspot has ever considered a crypto payment option for Elite/subscribers (or if it does and I haven't seen it yet)?

Bitpay seems to be a widely-regarded service for this purpose (NewEgg uses it, for one), and there may also be processors that use stablecoins that don't fluctuate like Bitcoin does. It does have the advantage that you don't lose a cut to the CC processor for each order and I think Bitpay has options to cash it out automatically if that is your preference.

Thank you for your hard work.

Thanks for the feedback. In theory it'd be interesting but for building our subscription option we use third-party software that only supports PayPal or Stripe (and from those two we only accept PayPal).

The key reason is not to overcomplicate and because we prefer not to keep any of your personal/payment information (besides an email address). So far so good. Now, PayPal is supposed to support some forms crypto, so perhaps it's somewhat doable?

Thanks for the feedback. In theory it'd be interesting but for building our subscription option we use third-party software that only supports PayPal or Stripe (and from those two we only accept PayPal).

The key reason is not to overcomplicate and because we prefer not to keep any of your personal/payment information (besides an email address). So far so good. Now, PayPal is supposed to support some forms crypto, so perhaps it's somewhat doable?
Hopefully; unfortunately right now Paypal doesn't allow for payments of crypto either on or off the platform, just buying and holding, but if they expand their functionality someday to allow that it could also work. Thanks for the response!

Back