Crysis 2 third party fix?

red1776

This thing seeems to be amazing. I cranked everything up to maximum and checked the 'multi GPU option and my FPS skyrocketed. I have not played with it but an hour, but it seems to be a very well functioning utility. I am not sure what the box marked 'max FPS' functions, but mine went way over 120 when I did have it set for 120. I am not sure if steam had a patch that downloaded today, or if this thing works as well as it seems.
If someone feels like trying this...please post here and let me know what experience you have with it.

CRYSIS_2_ago_V1_7.JPG

It can be had here;
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1807934

Well the options were nice and all. With crossfire enabled, enabling extreme setting on everything gave me 30-35 fps. Still with horrid flickering. Turning down to "high" and everything possible to off/0 still had flickering. Think I'll stick to the basic in game extreme with a single card to finish the game. Then maybe just forget about it.

Console commands long list over 3,000

I have notice that half of these console commands don't even work with the current version of crysis!!

Attachments

• crysis 2 console commands.txt
    98.7 KB · Views: 2
I'll try it out tomorrow, I went ahead and picked up a third 580 but I'm worried about my psu so may have to buy a better one.

third?

wow your electric bill must be absurd... you do realize that Crysis 2 is not graphics demanding at all right?

a single 8800GT is more than enough to run the game at max settings lol

i used the utility to set everything to HIGH and turn everything else off...got about 27fps on my rig, and ended the campaign on it :p

I've been using this tool and I have to say it works pretty good. Here's my settings:

crysis2_tuner.jpg

Not DX11 of course so not too impressive or noteworthy, but the game is running perfectly. Using a 5870 1GB lightly overclocked.

third?

wow your electric bill must be absurd... you do realize that Crysis 2 is not graphics demanding at all right?

a single 8800GT is more than enough to run the game at max settings lol

You should come visit in the winter. I promise my room is 10degrees hotter than the rest of the house.

Haha I know what you mean... my house is typically set to 62-67 degrees and if I keep my door closed it can reach 75-80! i need a little dryer vent for my computer lol

You should come visit in the winter. I promise my room is 10degrees hotter than the rest of the house.

Haha I know what you mean... my house is typically set to 62-67 degrees and if I keep my door closed it can reach 75-80! i need a little dryer vent for my computer lol

Gee , my GPU's run nice and cool...sorry to hear you guys are having these heat issues.:p:haha::wave:

11.3 catalyst drivers seemed to have solved the flickering but I'm wondering it has just disabled the crossfire as I seem to get little to no benefit from the second card. Won't be playing through this again, or playing MP so guess I'll never know :)

Gee , my GPU's run nice and cool...sorry to hear you guys are having these heat issues.:p:haha::wave:

Well I've been gone for 5 months. I ordered my 580's before I returned from work, arriving 3 weeks before I got home. My 480 water blocks wont fit so they'll be put on ebay. Its been so long since I've heard a stock fan I had to move my case in the corner, I loaded up crysis 2 and I thought a cat died. Loudest fans ever.

Well I've been gone for 5 months. I ordered my 580's before I returned from work, arriving 3 weeks before I got home. My 480 water blocks wont fit so they'll be put on ebay. Its been so long since I've heard a stock fan I had to move my case in the corner, I loaded up crysis 2 and I thought a cat died. Loudest fans ever.

ROFL, welcome to my world. four HD 5850's OC'ed running full out sounds like around 50db. i wonder if you have noticed the same issue i am having. Crysis 2 runs my GPU's about 10c warmer than any other game I have. I have no idea why. I will tell you though that I am with Arris. Crysis 2 is a console port piece of ****. I cranked up the original last night just to look at it. It is superior in every way to this joke they put out.....DX9 in 2011? give me a break.

I cranked up the original last night just to look at it. It is superior in every way to this joke they put out.....DX9 in 2011? give me a break.

I'd have rather they'd delayed and put out a DX11 version, even if they had to use DX9 for consoles...

You northern folk and your cold PC rooms, move on down to the southwest and enjoy stupidly warm temperatures! Currently at 88F (85F outside) with two windows open for a coolish breeze and have my fan running 24/7 (usually turn it off in October/November when fall comes). Sadly running my refrigerated A/C this early would leave me broke by the end of the year :haha: .

i use it to skip the intro and turn the blurring off. it offers me nothing else the in-game options don't already do.

Running two HD 6950's. have to disable one for Crysis 2 cuz of the flickering. multi gpu flickering thread is at 85 pages, and counting @ mycrysis.com. new 1.2.0 patch does nothing. waiting on a new Crossfire profile due any day now.

source: @CatalystCreator via Twitter.

so glad i ditched my multi-gpu configuration... more trouble than it was worth imho

i was quite happy with how the game looked in DX9, even though i was extremely disappointed that there was no DX11 support. i don't think there will be either, considering Crytek isn't really acknowledging how many PC gamers are upset. i still don't understand their mindset in foreseeing what would happen when they released a DX9 only game in 2011--especially since so many developers are stating that DirectX is what is holding them back.

Back