Crysis Game crashing on launch on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xecutor

Hi guys I really need help from people who know what they're doing; i.e. my fellow techspot members. Basically, the problem is that 4 days ago, Crysis when launched from Steam opens into a black screen for several seconds, then exits, or gives me a Windows message saying that "Crysis has stopped Working. Windows is finding a solution" then exits.

My specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ 2.3GHz; 6GB DDR2 Ram; 180GB Free HDD space; GTX260 c216 SC edition Nvidia card by EVGA OC'd. 500W Antec Earthwatts PSU; Windows 7 RC.

I can't rely on Steam for support as I have been waiting 4 days already and no response to even acknowledge that my problem is being worked on. I proactively went on their forums and found something but when I copy the file over in my Bin32 directory, it asks for a Key, and since this was a steam purchase, I didn't get a key for Crysis. So I am out of options of what to do anymore... Has anyone had this problem with Steam and Crysis before?

Here is the original post on Steam Support site:

Hi,

As soon as I launch Crysis, it goes to a black screen, then Windows (7 RC) tells me that Crysis has stopped working. I cannot get into the game. I was able to about 2 hours ago.

This is my system info:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ 2.3GHz; 6GB RAM; EVGA GTX260 core216 SC edition; 180GB of free space on HDD; 500W psu.

There is no other message than the Win7 message saying that Crysis stopped working.

Please, is there a way to reinstall Crysis from Steam? I bought this game a few weeks ago using my CC under *.*, last 4 digits: ****; ex****

I really appreciate your prompt attention and all your help in advance.

Kindly,

Please, is there a way to reinstall Crysis from Steam?
If Crysis Warhead is like every other game available through Steam, you can download the game for reinstall anytime unless there is something special about Crysis. Just uninstall the current game and let Steam reinstall it. Of course, depending on your connection speed, it could take awhile but I'm sure you know that already.

Sorry for the late reply mailpup, but I thank you for your feedback. I have tried what u suggested but have been unsuccessful in getting the game to work. I still get the same message, and steam finally replied to me, but only to redirect me to EA's tech support website, and the worst thing, they won't even refund me for their stupid game not working...

I'm out of options; I tried changing the .exe, then uninstalled and re-installed Crysis and I get the same message. It was working fine!!! Wtf happ'd to it overnight?

Any ideas?

Perhaps there was an automatic update that Steam does from time to time. If you haven't already, try updating to the latest graphics driver.

One thing about Steam is that if you have other PCs or for a future PC, you will be able to download Crysis to them.

Figured it out!

It's patch 1.21 that's ****ed up. I reinstalled the game and patched indiv to patch 1.2 and it worked! After 1.21, it doesn't!

So Crytek better come up with a better patch to patch 1.21 :S

If you are using the Steam version of Crysis, won't you have to play offline to avoid Steam trying to automatically patch your game back to 1.21?

Yeah, that's what I had to do. I got an iso image of the game, and installed it using my steam key; after trying the warhead exe, it had given me a window where I could see my key. I just saved it and when I installed this game image, I used it, and voila: crysis is now running from the Electronic Arts directory, not steam, but with steam key. And, I basically did not cheat because I used a legit install with a key of my purchase, and now I can patch it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back