Crysis Warhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble

Hello, I am thinking of buying Crysis Warhead, and I was told that if I try to run the game on all maximum setting it will ruin my computer. Since I just got a new computer, I don't want that to happen. My computer is a Vista Home Permium 64bit, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260, Asus P6T motherboard, 6GB of RAM, Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz, 2668 MHz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors. So I was wondering is it possible for me to run this game on all the maximum settings?

if I try to run the game on all maximum setting it will ruin my computer.
I think what they meant was that it would not run well, it certainly will not ruin the computer.

Your computer should be fine for highest settings, though you should make sure Anti Aliasing (AA) is turned off in the graphics settings, and that your resolution is 1920x1200 or lower if framerates are too low.

Whoever said that doesn't have a concept of how fast your computer is. That's a pretty powerful PC you've got there. You should be able to run the game on high settings.

ook guys thanks, I downloaded the game, and everything worked fine. But the only problem now is, I can't download the patch 1.4 for the Crysis Wars that came with the game. Every time I try to download the patch it says 17 hours left. Does anyone know how to fix that? I don't know why it would take 17 hours to download 434MB, when I downloaded the whole game in less than 10 minutes.

Well I used the one on the mycrysis.com, and from several other sites. And what do you mean the download manager. I use Firefox, and when I download something I have this thing come up that shows me the percentage of what I am downloading.

I tried several other sites, and what do you mean the download manager? I use firefox, and when I download something, I have this think pop up that shows me how much time is left to download and some other things. How do I turn that off?

That's not a download manager, don't worry. A download manager is a 3rd party program to assist with downloading files. Personally, I've never seen the point of them because there is no possible way they can boost speed beyond what your internet bandwidth can provide. But that Firefox window is not a download manager, it's just the download window built into Firefox.

Ohhhh, ok thanks for the help guys. I just found out that you can right click on the game, and press on intall updates.

I have one more question about this, is there a command I can put in to see my fps in game?

And this is about Call of Duty 4, whats the regular fps? Since I got a new computer, I changed my fps to 300 to see if it will go up, but when I did, the server kicked me, saying that punk buster kicked me and showed me that my fps is 300. I tried several other server, but the same thing happened I got kicked because of my fps. Oh and I have that 1.7 version too.

And this is about Call of Duty 4, whats the regular fps? Since I got a new computer, I changed my fps to 300 to see if it will go up, but when I did, the server kicked me, saying that punk buster kicked me and showed me that my fps is 300. I tried several other server, but the same thing happened I got kicked because of my fps. Oh and I have that 1.7 version too.
Um...you can't just "change" your FPS, which stands for FRAMES PER SECOND, most of the time, and I have no idea i haven't played COD4. I doubt your frames per second is actually 300, as long as your settings are decently high. How did you even "change" your fps?

I have one more question about this, is there a command I can put in to see my fps in game?
This is about COD4 or crysis?
For crysis you just open up the console (the `/~ key i think) and type "r_DisplayInfo = 1" and press enter.

my fps for cod4 used to be like 120-125, but then I wrote this in console, /com_maxfps 300, and my fps went from 120-125 to 170. But now every time I join a server, I get kicked because of my fps. So that's why I was wondering what the regular maxfps is for cod4.

And supersmashbrada, it is better to have 2 GTX 260 video cards or one GTX 295?

is it possible to have 1 GTX 260 video card, and next to it a GTX 295. My computer has this SLI thing that I want to try out, and it has this thing that connects the 2 video cards. Sooo is that possible or do I have to have 2 of the same video cards. Last question lol.

is it possible to have 1 GTX 260 video card, and next to it a GTX 295. My computer has this SLI thing that I want to try out, and it has this thing that connects the 2 video cards. Sooo is that possible or do I have to have 2 of the same video cards. Last question lol.
Not really, two of the same for SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back