CS:S lag spike problem

go0se

Ok, So I've got my previous problem fixed by getting my graphics card upgraded. Now I can join a game and play, but I get lag spikes every 2-5 seconds.

I've checked my net_graph and it appears to spike around other players, when guns are fired, and with "entities" (on the net graph)

I've upgraded my firmware and also did alot with my graphics and consol settings.
I could really use some help in cleaning up my FPS (only about 20 a game) and stopping all these lags spikes.

You guys have helped me out before, dont let me down! :)

Specs:
AMD Sempron 3000+
Windows XP SP3
Nvidia GeForce 6200
960 MB Ram (2, 512 MB stix)
1.81 GHz

Thanks in Advance!

You can add various command line variables and cvars into the launch options for your Steam games. To do this, launch Steam, then open the My Games tab and right-click on the relevant game and select Properties. In the Properties box which opens, click the 'Set Launch Options' button. Try -dxlevel 70

I just tried that, and no luck :( It was working well on Surf_skyworld but than someone turned the fighting on and once that happened i started lag spiking again. any other suggestions? Also this doesn't occur on DoD: Source, just CSS

Well the -dxlevel 81 helped my FPS extremely well, getting 30-65fps.. but I'm, still spiking about every 3-5 seconds.

I feel like it has something to do with some of the in-game things.. (this also occurs in regular created games against bots)

do you have any idea why this is happening?

also thanks alot for the reply's and all of the help.

when you create a server on your computer, the AI for the bots is being rendered on your pc. your AMD Sempron 3000+ at 1.81 GHz is just barely above the Minimum Requirements: 1.7 GHz Processor

Are you getting FPS spikes during intense in-game action? If so, that's rather normal and the way it should work. Your hardware will be working the hardest when a lot of stuff is going on, however if your are experiencing consistent FPS drops even when nothing is going on and you're staring at lets say a wall then something is wrong.

Back