Cursor freezes in all my work computers

Hi

My cursor freezes in all the computers I use at work. I have 2 work laptops and at work I can use different stationary computers depending on the rooms I have to work. I think it is very weird that I experience my cursor freezing in the computers I use at work but not my private computers. I use Windows 10 in both laptops my own and my work laptops. The stationary computers use windows 7 until next week. So at work is both Windows 10 and 7 (not for long time).

The sign in to the stationary computers is done via Microsoft directory account.

Could it be that I am being monitored by the It department? If yes, what can they see? Only the name of the documents or also what you write in the document? It is legal to monitor employees? It is public institution.

"My cursor freezes in all the computers I use at work." Ask IT about the 'freezes' - may be that key resources are NOT stored on you local work machine and so it has to access a remote server. Also possible, there may be strong anti-malware intercepting and testing. Another possibility is that there is malware on the network - but that should not be the case if you have capable IT folks.

I'm inclined to think it is a combination of remote server and strong anti-malware...or something broken.

"monitoring employees"? Possible - more likely if you are an analyst contractor with NSA or one of the other agencies - but I think it is more a function of your contract and level of access.

"My cursor freezes in all the computers I use at work." Ask IT about the 'freezes' - may be that key resources are NOT stored on you local work machine and so it has to access a remote server. Also possible, there may be strong anti-malware intercepting and testing. Another possibility is that there is malware on the network - but that should not be the case if you have capable IT folks.

I'm inclined to think it is a combination of remote server and strong anti-malware...or something broken.

"monitoring employees"? Possible - more likely if you are an analyst contractor with NSA or one of the other agencies - but I think it is more a function of your contract and level of access.

Thanks for your elaborate answer, Cycloid Torus

Back