Custom Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzz617

OK here are my Specs for my new Gaming Rig I'm about to put together. I am open to all and any suggestions or recommendations. So everyone plz drop one. Thanks

Here are my Computer Specs

700W OCZ PSU

EVGA 680I SLI A1 Mobo

XFX 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog Edition

E6750 C2D

1GB (2X) Crucial with blue leds

(2X) 500GB WD SATA drives

Samsung SH-S203N SATA DVD Drive

All inside A Antec 900 case.

Get the eVGA 780i SLI series mobo. Get an eVGA video card to match your board and because they are the best.

BlazingDragon15 said:
i may be blind but what cpu are u running? i am assuming intel since u have nvida but what socket or speed?

Blind indeed, the CPU he's chosen is an E6750.

Myzz617, you've pretty much chosen very mainstream gaming components. The 700w PSU is over-doing it by a bit, but, all of the components are solid and compatible.

my bad

sorry i don't really know anything about Intel and their naming procedure confuses the heck out of me. anyway other then the fact thats it intel it a good computer in my book. i am a amd fan boy.

1GB (2X) Crucial with blue leds.
It's not clear to me. Is this 2GB total or 2 X 512MB = 1GB? If the later, I would recommend 2GB total for a gaming rig.

If you're aiming for gaming on your PC then I would suggest using 4 gigs of ram, it's cheap enough so it wouldn't be a big deal going with 4 instead of 2.

Everything you have sounds good.

I'd recommend also picking up a Dremel tool + bits/kit for that case. :)

I've got a similar system in an Antec 900 and that 12v line is a real nasty pull as the PSU is on the bottom with the 12v at the very top. A few well placed, drilled holes for these (and other) wires fits the bill nicely.

Hey guys thx 4 your responses.

@ Hamas I have Two 1GB Sticks fo crucial Ram to make it a Total of 2GB. Does XP even utilize the 4GB of Ram if i have al of it in my Rig. Also I am contemplating which version of XP I should install, Im think XP PRO with SP2 is the way to go..?

Also I have already bought eveything I mentioned in the first post and I plan on buying some Parts for my case to screw in the Mobo because the brass pieces are not enough in my case. As far as the PSU being on the bottom of the case I think I'll be okay. I bought the Mother board back in like July just took me a long time to buy everything else. I would like the 780I Sli but not sure if I can budget that right now, trying to sell the board I have now but no luck. Where to get a Dremel tool and how much does it cost?

Myzz617 said:
Hey guys thx 4 your responses.

@ Hamas I have Two 1GB Sticks fo crucial Ram to make it a Total of 2GB. Does XP even utilize the 4GB of Ram if i have al of it in my Rig. Also I am contemplating which version of XP I should install, Im think XP PRO with SP2 is the way to go..?

Also I have already bought eveything I mentioned in the first post and I plan on buying some Parts for my case to screw in the Mobo because the brass pieces are not enough in my case. As far as the PSU being on the bottom of the case I think I'll be okay. I bought the Mother board back in like July just took me a long time to buy everything else. I would like the 780I Sli but not sure if I can budget that right now, trying to sell the board I have now but no luck. Where to get a Dremel tool and how much does it cost?

As far as I'm aware XP 32bit only recognizes 3GB of RAM give or take. I've seen others try to argue it with links to articles suggesting otherwise, however, any PC I've ever seen with 4GB of RAM running and XP 32bit, only 2.75-3.1GB or so is recognized.

Dremel tool kits vary in prices depending on the attachments and capabilities they have. Here is a link from a search for "Dremel" on Amazon.com.

For Dremel tools there are several tool websites as well as general merchandise sites that sell them but you can also go to your local hardware outlet such as Home Depot, Lowes or Sears. You also have a choice of corded or cordless models and as Zenosincks said there are many different attachments and accessories.

Looks like a pretty decent gaming rig. If you are already going to spend that much, I would suggest going full out and getting a second graphics card and using SLI.

On the Dremel and the Antec 900 case... by the 12v line, I mean the cable shown here in the 900 with the gritty red I highlighted on someone else's system:

You can eliminate that ugly pull and having to tuck it either under or over your videocard (as it now has to go alllllll the way over your motherboard as the 900 has the PSU on the bottom..) by simply drilling some square holes with a Dremel or drill, then running your cables under the motherboard pan/tin. There is LOTS of room between the outer black panel and lower mainboard pan, so you can knock yourself out with these tougher cable runs. See the red rectangles for example holes to drill to run the cables under the pan:

So then you simply tuck your 12v and main ATX cables in to the lower holes, then run them under the metal pan across.. nice, neat, no block of airflow and no need to deal with that 12v top mount over/under your (hot) videocard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back