Custom vs other

learninmypc

In numerous posts/threads here in TS I've seen it mentioned to select "Custom" rather than the other option whe installing a program, may I ask what the difference is? :)

One is streamlined where some if not all options are preset for the installation. Selecting Custom will allow you the opportunity to change any of those settings.

Hi, If you choose the custom install option, you will often see that you are about to agree to install another program, as well as the one you wanted.
So the custom part is that you can choose to install the extra software, or not.
The other, default option will be 'express' which means that you will install the extra software, but you won't get the choice of yes or no.
I always choose the 'custom' option. I like to know what I am putting on my PC !

Ok, I asked this question because I've been trying to TOTALLY & completely uninstall Firefox from my W10 computerin hopes the problems I've had were my fauly & not other. I've tried Programs & Features, revo & from here .
In a nutshell, I want FF gone so I can start brand new. Every thing I've done so far (too many to mention) , I've reinstalled FF only to have it "look" like it was. I hope you understand what I'm asking, been a looong day :)

Managed to get it completely uninstalled, dumped reclcyling bin,rebooted & reinstalled it a bit ago & now its worse than originally. #Stumped :)

I've uninstalled Firefox a couple of times in the past mainly when I've boobed and ended up with one of those impossibly hard to remove toolbars when downloading something else. Doing a custom install of new software can reduce the likelihood of that happening considerably. Firefox does always look the same after reinstalling it as it did before. That's how I know that I've succeeded. The difference being that the pesky toolbar has finally gone. I've found the Mozilla site to be fine for downloads of Firefox.

I'm one of those that "read" each box before going to next one to try to make sure I get no extras. So far FF is working normally this morning.
Evidently adblock plus might of been the culprit. Hopefully it'll be smoother sailing now, thanks all. :)

Back