Cyclic Redundancy Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPoet

I'm trying to back up some stuff to an external hard drive. And there are errors in movies that I have ripped (because I either forget to put them back in the case or they get lost) some movies and whenever I try to move the video file (ripped int a AUDI0_TS file and a VIDEO_TS file) I have an error box where the title of the window in the blue bar says "Error Copying File or Folder" and in the window (the gray part) it says "Cannot copy VTS_01_2" Data error (cyclic redundancy check).". And then I click the "OK" button and it stops the transfer. The VTS_01_2 is sometimes replaced with whatever file that cannot be transferred or that is causing the problem. I used DVDShrink and DVD43 to back them up. I am running Windows XP sp3 and transferring them onto a 300 GB hard drive. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

CRC errors mean the data actually seen is not faithfully transferred.

1- the file is actually corrupted
2- the media has errors
3- the software reading/writing the CDROM is overrunning (ie going too fast; slow it down).

It means the file doesn't match the original, whatever the reason. Usually a second install or download works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back