D-Link624 router issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I am having issues with my DI-624 router. It stopped working out of the blue and I can't figure out why. I reset it back to factory config, I can log into it, I configured it with the wizard. When viewing the topology it shows internet connection down. I reset the modem. I cannot get to the WAN through Wireless or cabled in to the router.

I’m open to suggestions.

If you can log into it then the LAN part seems OK.

Are there other computers connected to it and can you see them on the network?

This could be the Modem or Cable or WAN port on the Router if all else is well.

Can you ping yahoo.com?

Plug Modem directly into the Computer bypassing the Router! Do you have Internet access.

Mike

I've been using the DI-624 router since 2004 and also occasionally have connectivity problems. Most of my problems revolve around DHCP issues. Try running ipconfig.exe and check to make sure the router is assigning an accessible IP address to your computer. You must have an address within the range used by the router. You'll find the assigned range on the routers setup page Home/DHCP. I believe Dlink defaults to 192.168.100 - 199. Without a valid IP address, no internet. A second thing to verify is that the WAN page is correctly set up for your service provider.

As usual J.O. is correct! So what is your current Gateway and IP while connected to the router?

Do not tinker with modem or computer as they are not the problem!

Which ever cable (from router to computer) or from (computer to to router) that was left unplugged to directly connect modem, then test that cable also directly from computer to modem, to clear it as good.

If that cable is OK then do the following!

As you plug and unplug the modem into the WAN port of the router does the WAN light on front of router come on and off?

Still no joy then...

Access the router and print Status page to save current settings.

Unplug modem.

Find the Reset button on the back of the router, push and hold in while turning off power to router. Leave router off for at least 30 seconds.

Hold reset button in while powering up router let off as soon as lights come on.

Plug modem back in and test!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back