D4650y, RAM voltages, compatibility for gaming

Rezolution

O.K.Here goes,
I have an asus P5BW-LA motherboard, and I am wanting to upgrade my RAM.

I have tried doing a little research on the subject of latencies and timing as well as a size that is reasonable for my 2.16 Core Duo CPU.

My motherboard does not allow me to change almost ANYTHING in bios(Phoenix) as HP has made it that way.

I do know that HP says that pc2-4200,pc-5300, pc2-6400 are compatable.
I do want lower lantencies of CL4 if possible.

I am unsure of what voltages are o.k. to use(I do know 1.8 will work), and what RAM would be an efficient choice for my computer for mostly gaming and audio video, without overdoing it.

From what I have read my bios will pretty much limit my upgrades by lowering voltages and speeds, but thought of buying higher spec's for possible future use.

Possibilities are that I may decide to upgrade to a motherboard with a bios that I can change and would add a faster CPU of 3gh or more that I may overclock.

For all of you Rabid Posters---SEE BELOW---, please refrain from cluttering up my post as researcher's want REAL answers they do not have to dig through the garbage or Ads for.
Or better yet take a class on writing with all of your super tech intellect.

"If we as a people do not inform others of real truth/knowledge.
We are truely the scurge/darkness of the earth."
-Natale C.G.

Anyway I used G.Skill (4x1GB) pc2 - 4200 CL 4 1.8V and it worked like a charm. But as I said before, I cannot change anything (OC)due to my Bios.
As for the 4gb comment, THAT part I read already in countless searches for a new OS.

Please edit that Sales Ad off my post,
And could you and your girlfriend refrain from posting ---SEE BELOW--- on a question that needed a REAL answer.

As for your Quantum intellect.........it is astounding.

I would only be missing brain cells, since you have added no REAL information to help solve a problem.

1. You said (fimbles) "check crucial" and made yet again another post with GARBAGE filling the AIRWAVES.

ANYONE can find that.

2. And for your opinion of keep buying stuff (Kitty)........ to make you think your better, (Thats what chump's do.)

........Learn what you already have and use it for more than it's worth, and I pity you.

Please refrain from your grotesque outbursts and let a real tech answer the question.

I already bought a new motherboard ,but more because I did not want third party programs to OC.
Then to think I was better than someone else by using Mommy and Daddy's Computer(Credit Card) to prove my worth.
So as usual , YOU ARE LATE.

I EARNED MINE.
Anyway go bend your pins and leave questions for someone more helpful than you.

AS for a REAL quote.
"If we as a people do not inform others of real truth/knowledge. We are truely the scurge/darkness of the earth."
-Natale C.G.

Are you refering to the crucial website link i posted as a sales ad?

I dont work for crucial, i Have no intrest in selling their products.

I posted the link there because you asked a shed load of basic ram questions which can be answered by this simple little app. Or 10 mins of research using google.

As an alternative you could post a thread on a well known pc hardware site then insult the first person to answer you......

Either your english or brain cell appears to have errors...

The thing is that the DDR2 LG775 platform is rapidly becoming obsolete; IMO there is little point in trying to revive it by upgrading.
Also, since manufacturers like HP do indeed have limited BIOS's, there is not much you can do. Sure, you can get slightly faster RAM, but the performance increase will be negligible, and you won't be using the RAM to it's full potential. Upgrading to a new motherboard will help a little, and you'll be able to overclock, but again it's a dying platform and you're better off letting it go IMO.

Back