Daily BSODs on Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne

Mantauskas

Hello please help me I always get BSOD error when plaing warcraft 3 I love the game so much but when I play it about 30 mins I get the eror sometimes I can play longer than 1 hour but that is rare . sorry about my bad english.

heres my computer stats:

Ram core
Black XP 23 Ultimate
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E6750 @ 2.66GHz
2.67 GHz. 2.00GB of RAM

I only get the eror on warcraft3 frozen throne.
Please help me.

Attachments

• Mini031210-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Kindly be patient as people who try help others in their spare time, may be busy / or unable to respond due various other reasons.

You've provided only one minidump which is insufficient to provide you with any conclusive advice. Anyway, this minidump points at memory corruption as an issue. Please download memtest, install it and run for minimum of 8 passes to thoroughly stress your RAM. If it finds errors it would mean you need to replace your RAM. If you have two 1GB RAM Modules, it would be preferable to run memtest on each module separately.

Are you using onboard graphics? or do you have a graphic card in that system?

Well I assumed from what info you gave that you are using onboard graphics that is why i said that.

Memory issues can happen with RAM or even Graphic Card RAM.

Please download CPUZ, install it, and tell us your correct processor model/type, motherboard model/name, graphic solution name/type/memory etc.

Do you have more minidumps which I can have a look at?

Here are some minidumbs and whit that program cpu , what should I rewrite here?

Attachments

• Mini040710-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini040810-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini040910-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
You just need to click on this the link here --> CPUZ, download this software and run it, then give us processor model/type, motherboard model/name, graphic card name/type/memory etc.

I'll have a look at these minidumps and let you know about the results shortly.

Edit:

All three crashes was caused by RtkHDAud.sys i.e. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. The driver seems to very old as well (from May 2007). i suggest you uninstall it then just google or bing for Driver Sweeper or Driver Clean Pro, both have free versions available, download one of them, install and run to clean out any left over file from realtek drivers.

Once you have done that, go to your motherboard's manufacturer site, download latest driver available for your motherboard and install it.

Hmm assuming the driver installed alright ..... it should have.

1. Please go to Start, then to Control Panel
2. Click on Hardware and Sound
3. Check whether Realtek Audio Manager is listed, if it is it means the driver install and identified the hardware.
4. Click on Sound, then see what is the default playback device, whatever is set to default would have a green check mark against it. If it is not set against Speakers, right click on speakers and then click on 'Set Default' Button at the right bottom side of sound options applet; and click OK.

i think all its ok here it show in the sound hd realtek audio but i guess i downaloaded the wrong driver ;p maybe

Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file)----i downaloaded this file

ATI HDMI Audio Device--- do i need this?

Ignore my previous post, my wrong.

You need to go to Audio tab in Sounds and AUdio Devices Properties, for which you need to double click on Sound and Audio Devices.

Ensure that under Default Device you've correctly selected your Realtek audio as your default.

Then click on Volume table, and go into Enhanced Audio Properties, here you need to select Desktop Stereo Speakers and click on OK.

Hi Mantauskas

Please follow these directions

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

i dont hear anything

Hi Mantauskas

I am trying to help you along with Archean. But to get help you must please read instructions carefully and perform them step-by-step. Please follow the instructions in my last post (#21)

And then
> Copy/Paste any information that might appear for the msinfo32 Problem Device report
> AND you must SAVE a copy of the dxdiag report to a TXT file and then attach it your next post

Thx

soz bsod is fix thanks archean thank u millions!!!!!!i will reinstal my windows anyway so i will fix the sound somehow.thanks again ;D

You dont have to reinstall, if you simply follow Looking's instructions I am sure there will be a way to fix this sound out put issue as well.

Back