DDR 4 (32 GB) Two or Four Sticks?

I building a new Ryzen 9 3000 series PC, and I have purchased the Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master. I want to run a total of 32GB of RAM. Is it better to run (2) dimms of 16GB, or (4) dimms of 8GB?

Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master memory config.jpg

I think you will find that it is easier to get 2 sticks to work then 4. Check the QVL for your board and try to get a RAM kit that is tested with your board on that list in the desired speed you want. That will save you some headaches.

Problem is the QVL only list (1) kit for 32GB of RAM, its mostly all 8GB and 16GB, and that is just not enough for my needs. That single kit @ 3600, and it uses the Hynix chip instead of the good Samsung b-die. Today's games take more system resources, and I'm not sure where Gigabyte's head is at, thinking people buying one of their gaming boards are only going to run 8GB or 16GB Under Win 10. Basically their QVL is about worthless for enthusiast, after watching tons of popular You Tube channels, all tech guys are saying the same thing, want to get the most out of the Ryzen gen 3, buy a 3600 memory kit using the b-die, with the lowest latency you can find. Gigabyte has not updated the QVL since 2-18-20, almost (7) months ago. Their QVL was released better than (3) months before the XT processors came out, so to me they are behind the eight-ball, and by now they've had plenty of time to update the QVL.

My next idea is to use something like the GSKill memory configurator to find a kit that they think works with your board. There will be more choices there for sure. I have had good luck with the Flare X and Trident Z Neo on my Ryzen builds

Thanks Kshipper, I will look on GSkills site for their memory configurator, and its the Trident Z Neo that I was looking at.

Back