DDR2-667 to DDR2-1066 performance?

Jawshh

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade replace my current 2x2GB DDR2-667 modules with 2x2GB DDR2-1066 modules in a couple days but I'm wondering if I really need that!

I mainly write software and run linux on virtualbox on that particular machine and so far everything works really well but I'm looking forward to game a little on it as well, after a video card upgrade of course!

So, would I get like a reasonable performance increase with those ddr2-1066 modules or should I just forget about them and keep my current setup?

I'm willing to bet you would only notice a performance gain through benchmarking.

You have 4GB RAM and your not increasing the capacity only the speed. I'm willing to bet that your dual core is a bottleneck and would keep you from seeing any improvement with faster RAM.

Please note: I'm only guessing because I don't know the true answer. I am basing the answer on my observations with a few systems.

I'm willing to bet you would only notice a performance gain through benchmarking.

You have 4GB RAM and your not increasing the capacity only the speed. I'm willing to bet that your dual core is a bottleneck and would keep you from seeing any improvement with faster RAM.

Please note: I'm only guessing because I don't know the true answer. I am basing the answer on my observations with a few systems.

Ok man, I'm gonna spend my money on a new cpu instead then.

Thanks ;)

Hey man,

I just ordered a Radeon HD 6770 video card and a Phenom II X6 1055T CPU and waiting for them to arrive.

I was wondering if I would benefit from a memory upgrade (667 to 800 or 1066 modules) as well and I was wondering how much really!

I will only upgrade memory if it'll provide me with really noticeable gaming performance because as far as my other computing activities are concerned, they're just fine.

So, what do you think? How much better do you think my games will perform if I go for a memory upgrade?

DDR2-1066 modules are damn expensive right now it seems and DDR3 modules are really cheap- wish I had an AM3 board.

A mobo upgrade will be too much right now though! So, what do you think?

###EDIT

oh yea, max resolution of my monitor is 1680x1050

hi Jawshh :
i think you will get (15-25%) more performance in games , because your new GFx will be the HD 6770 GDDR5 and it needs a fast memory system like 1066 Mhz

hi Jawshh :
i think you will get (15-25%) more performance in games , because your new GFx will be the HD 6770 GDDR5 and it needs a fast memory system like 1066 Mhz

You mean like 10 more FPS (based on 50 FPS)?

###EDIT

Stupid question heh! Ok man, I'm gonna look into a memory upgrade now!

Thanks ;)

Back