Dell Dimension E510 powering on question

As the title states I have a inquiry about my Dell Dimension E510. Heres the situations..

1.) In order to turn my comp on from being completely powered off I must remove all USB connections, monitor, Ethernet connection, and audio cables. Then I wait for a minute sometimes up to 15 minutes for the blinking light to finally turn to green and for the comp to start up to be able to plug everything back in.

2.) When the computer is hibernating however it doesn't have this problem turning back on unless I have my external hard drive plugged in and at that point I have to go through the steps I took in (1.)

..So I guess my question comes down to .. is my power supply not pumping out enough power, or could it be malfunctioning, I changed out the lithium 3v battery already however still intermittently having these issues. If anyone believes it is this small battery most definitely causing the issue, I can run out and spend $5 on a brand new one from radio shack.

By the way..

1. Ive upgraded ram memory to 4g
2. Installed a new Nvidia GeForce GT 220
3. Use a USB hub with 6 USB's plugged into that which uses its onw dedicated power cord and 2 other USB's plugged straight to comp.
4. I used to be quite ignorant to my computers feelings :) and would unplug power supply from power strip before it would fully power down and a few surges have gotten to it. (Ive recently fixed this problem by purchasing a $200 Back-UPS BX1500G surge protector / battery back up.)

.... However this issue started before I made these changes. Any way of testing the power source or any other suggestions in general would be a big help! Ive searched the forums and have found similar questions but not as specific as mine. So sorry in advance if this seems as though it is similar to any other posts. Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

If you have access, I recommend simply trying a new power supply to determine if that's the issue. I'm sure you've considered this, so I also must ask, are you talking about the CMOS battery?

If you have access, I recommend simply trying a new power supply to determine if that's the issue. I'm sure you've considered this, so I also must ask, are you talking about the CMOS battery?

The Panasonic Lithium 3v? The one that looks like a watch battery? If so yes .. kinda.. i found an extra one laying around and at first it fixed the issue but it only fixed it for a few days. Maybe I'll try picking up a brand new one?

It's located on the motherboard inside of a round slot? Yes, that's the CMOS batter. That resets the BIOS settings. If that fixes it, it would make less sense for it to be the power supplies fault. You could try a new battery if you wish, just in case.

I'll pick up a new CMOS battery tomorrow and see if that fixes it. If you or anyone else have any other thoughts or solutions feel free to share!

Back