Dell doesn't recognize hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello to all to start up here, i am a noobie to this and as you can see to computers too a little, but i do need help with one thing. my dell demensions 3000 pentium 4
mobo wont detect any of my following-my hdd and my dvd player. i tried doing a switch around the 2 but still no luck. my hdd is a 10 gb maxtor and my dvd player is a apple 5x atapi dvd rom. if some one could really help me out here or have any suggestions on what i could do plz help, your help is very appreciated.
sorry for bad grammar.

Check your BIOS at boot... depressing either F2 or F12, and change the boot order... then boot to the Dell Windows disk and re-do.
If that doesn't work, you may have a bad cable or a bad cable connector... change the entire cable and connector.

thanx raybay for your help but no luck with how you told me to do it. my friend said to google it down and i have, but no luck iether, in some forums thay say try to update you bios,but how can i update it.?
i can use my laptop to download an update if there was, burn it on a disc then in my dvd player but how can i when bios wont read any of the 2. idk maybe the mobo is flucked up . well thanx alot anyways.

I do have another prob. i have a mobo its an ecs nforce4 and on this one the prob is when i turn it on everything works fine, fans turn on and all but it only turns on when i dont have my cpu inserted.
when i do insert it lock it turn it on it only turns on for a half second, im thinking its my cpu thats burt out but then again i dont know. was working and all but for some reason to make it work i had to put about 2 pounds of pressure or more to be able to have screen signal, took off the pounds and my mobo would freeze. plz raybay since you are the only one that replyed to my q if you have any idea on one or both of my probs or if most likely my cpu is burnt out plz let me know. again thanx bro for ur help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back